Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Considering webelevate course, advice welcome

Options
  • 26-07-2016 9:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭

Hey all, not sure if this is best place to post this but basically am considering doing one of these free courses because my college degree (fine art) is useless (for getting jobs anyway)

http://www.webelevate.ie/our-courses/webelevate/

I have above average computer skills, fast accurate typist, have done basic graphic design for print (posters, newspaper layouts, signs), and the HTML/Dreamweaver course through FAS (which was pretty much an intro, not a great course but might help me get into this one).

If anyone could take a moment to look at the course description and see do you think this would be a good course to help me get employed? There are 3 different 'streams' to choose from. Obviously the design one stands out to me as I'm a creative type and don't know code yet. But if any of you chaps with more expertise could tell me which stream would make you more in demand I'd appreciate it.

Obviously having talent and interest in the subject matters, but I'm trying to be practical here and find something that will get me a steady income to support me. I would like to eventually move to Dublin or another city where tech firms are based. Cheers

Advertisement