Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carers Allowance

Options
  • 26-07-2016 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭

Quick question can I object to someone (a family member) applying for carers allowance?? and is carers allowance application garda vetted??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

On what grounds? And no.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Comerman

On what grounds? And no.
    It's a nephew who's over reliant on drink and weed that's applied for carers just to make more money without actually "Caring" and his mother seems to think it's ok.

Comerman wrote: »
    It's a nephew who's over reliant on drink and weed that's applied for carers just to make more money without actually "Caring" and his mother seems to think it's ok.

Oh I see, well the persons gp has to fill out a medical part of the form about the person being cared for. I can't imagine a gp doing this on an application for someone they'd never seen before.

I'd say if you wrote a letter to the carers section outlining your concerns they'd take it very seriously.

:)I think we've crossed wires notjustsweet, it's my father in law that needs a carer (bad heart/diabetic etc.) but it's my wifes nephew who's applied to be the carer. I don't know how he's managed it but the application forms have been sent in as far as we can figure out.

Comerman wrote: »
    :)I think we've crossed wires notjustsweet, it's my father in law that needs a carer (bad heart/diabetic etc.) but it's my wifes nephew who's applied to be the carer. I don't know how he's managed it but the application forms have been sent in as far as we can figure out.

OK so a gp has filled in the forms. You can still write to the carers section of sw outlining your concerns as I said.

• Advertisement

Thank you so much for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭ann0

i know this is a bit late but who would apply if you do report him to carers section

• Registered Users Posts: 28,379 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Mod: Ann0 your question is not very clear, could you rephrase it please, and create a new thread - there is no point reviving this one as it is out of date and has most likely been resolved. Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement