Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giant Causeway Coast Sportive 2016 - Sept 10

Options
  • 26-07-2016 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭

Anyone signing up for this sportive as it's fast approaching? From what I've read on here it's a well run event with good food stops.

Think I'll do the 126km option. Heard a few horror stories about the Torr Road so preparing myself for that pain and torture after 100km!

Fingers cross the weather behaves.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,052 ✭✭✭G1032

Ya. Signed up yesterday for the 182km. Really looking forward to it. Need to sort accommodation asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭golfer555

It's a 2.5 hour spin each way for me so it'll be a long day all in all but the scenery up there looks lovely. Need to ramp up my training now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Sinbad_NI

Signed up to the longer one. Looking forward to Torr Road after 75/80 miles.

Day for the 32 maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭brianomc

Signed up for the 126km one. I checked out Torr Head on veloviewer and it's pretty daunting alright. But sure I'll give it a go anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Getting close now ,about 10 of us taking part in this event kinda nervous about Torr but looking forward to it all the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,052 ✭✭✭G1032

Anybody looking for entries for this?
    Two of us were due to head up but I got a knee injury 2 weeks which hasn't cleared up and we're not going now :mad:

I'll let the 2 entries go at a discount if anyone is interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 insanefred

Looking forward to the 182km route! G1032, wish I'd seen your post before I booked mine yesterday! Weather looks set to be good, trying to work out how to get to Ballycastle for 7am...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

We leave at 4.30 am.. Gonna be a long day !

Advertisement