Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mahon Point Cinema

Options
  • 26-07-2016 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Random (trivial) question. Does anyone know do Mahon Point cinema do hot nuts? Clearly I don't get out much,or live in Cork, but Gate cinemas in Douglas and town used to do yummy crunchy on the outside hot nuts (not the same as crispy coated chilli nuts from supermarket). I gather Douglas cinema is pretty dead now and town not very convenient, so just wondering re MP. Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

SaucySue wrote: »
    Random (trivial) question. Does anyone know do Mahon Point cinema do hot nuts? Clearly I don't get out much,or live in Cork, but Gate cinemas in Douglas and town used to do yummy crunchy on the outside hot nuts (not the same as crispy coated chilli nuts from supermarket). I gather Douglas cinema is pretty dead now and town not very convenient, so just wondering re MP. Thanks!!

I would be 99% sure they do. The cinema in Mahon is lightyears ahead of all the other cinemas in Cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭farmerjj

CHealy wrote: »
    I would be 99% sure they do. The cinema in Mahon is lightyears ahead of all the other cinemas in Cork.

True but its v expensive. Ya it did hot nuts last time I was there(last year)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

And I was just going to say no I don't think they do them. I love me hot nuts and popping!! The places I know that have them are Douglas and Ballincollig Cinema...

Have to disagree, Mahon Cinema while yes it maybe fancier it isn't the best. Would much prefer to go to Ballincollig or Douglas.. Mahon point, ques are mad there, and the cinema rooms smell funny... All in all cost more for longer ques and smelly rooms

Milly33 wrote: »
    And I was just going to say no I don't think they do them. I love me hot nuts and popping!! The places I know that have them are Douglas and Ballincollig Cinema...

Have to disagree, Mahon Cinema while yes it maybe fancier it isn't the best. Would much prefer to go to Ballincollig or Douglas.. Mahon point, ques are mad there, and the cinema rooms smell funny... All in all cost more for longer ques and smelly rooms

Smelly rooms? Are you for real? Ive never once had this problem. Not only is Mahon Point the best cinema experience in Cork, I would say it one of the best if not the best in Ireland. If you dont like it go to Douglas or Ballincollig. Why did you ask in the first place?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

CHealy wrote: »
    Smelly rooms? Are you for real? Ive never once had this problem. Not only is Mahon Point the best cinema experience in Cork, I would say it one of the best if not the best in Ireland. If you dont like it go to Douglas or Ballincollig. Why did you ask in the first place?

Milly didn't ask in the first place and I think you must be having a bad morning, relax and hug someone :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Milly33 wrote: »

Douglas cinema is a disgrace. Mahon Point on Tuesdays is only a fiver and about the same price of Douglas on other days.. Douglas cinema is not worth the money they're charging.

Milly didn't ask in the first place and I think you must be having a bad morning, relax and hug someone :)

Im taking everyone on today :D

In all seriousness, got the users mixed up, apologies Milly for abrupt response.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Douglas cinema is a disgrace. Mahon Point on Tuesdays is only a fiver and about the same price of Douglas on other days.. Douglas cinema is not worth the money they're charging.

I actually thought Douglas had closed a while back. It was a fine cinema back in the day. Unfortunately that day was back in the 90s. I don't think any money had been spent on the place in years and it was fairly rough last time I was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I love Douglas because it's like my own private cinema, albeit a run down grubby cinema, but it's all mine :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Well now CHealy would you like to talk!! :) Fully understand sometimes I am every so slightly wrong too..

I don't know now, me thinks Douglas is fine, the reason tis run down I suppose is because of the likes of Mahon Point, it takes their business away.. I will say Ballincollig is the better managed Cinema, much cleaner and in fairness the rooms there are pretty nifty...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

SaucySue wrote: »

They don't unfortunately.

Advertisement