Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can EIR just confirm that it is part of the offer to be able to recieve the sport cha

Options
  • 26-07-2016 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭

This is driving me nuts and a good few others I have spent the last 2 days faffing about ringing eir sport/setanta asking them to activate my setanta card in a SKY PLUS HD box and enable me to receive the sport channels in HD but... not a hope.  I was told on a few occasions that the SD channels were in fact HD!!  I was also told my box was not HD.

So come on sort it out.  I had a setanta sub card paid in advance,  I am an eir broadband customer, all over the eir web pages it keeps harping on about HD channels for free via satellite but as far as I am concerned its a total and utter lie. 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Are you talking about BT and Eir Sports? I just entered my Sky card ID on their website and they worked for me immediately. Not sure what you are calling them for?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭swoofer

are you getting the HD versions??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

Got setup 2 weeks back,and I've eir sport (setanta) 1&2 and bt sports,all channels both HD and SD on a sky+HD box with just basic subscription, no movies or sports.

Click the section to add the sports channels
    Click the section 'eir broadband customer/Sky tv customer'
    Enter your viewing card number and you're set!

Thanks,  I have no sub on card, dont support sky!  That could be my problem.  when  I try to register I get Sorry, we cannot reactivate your package until it has been fully cancelled. Please try again later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

An active setanta sub card should work as it decrypts Sky's nds encryption.
    Maybe it's something eir have overlooked and are only working off sky's customer database.

Edit, I think actually you have to cancel your existing setanta /bt sub then set yourself up via the eir method.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

swoofer wrote: »
    This is driving me nuts and a good few others I have spent the last 2 days faffing about ringing eir sport/setanta asking them to activate my setanta card in a SKY PLUS HD box and enable me to receive the sport channels in HD but... not a hope.  I was told on a few occasions that the SD channels were in fact HD!!  I was also told my box was not HD.

So come on sort it out.  I had a setanta sub card paid in advance,  I am an eir broadband customer, all over the eir web pages it keeps harping on about HD channels for free via satellite but as far as I am concerned its a total and utter lie. 
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]swoofer,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]You need to register your Sky card details here https://subscribe.eirsport.ie/eircustomer to avail of this service on your Sky box. After registering you should allow up to 4 hours for the service to activate on your Sky box.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]You then would need to ring the eir Sport/ Setanta team on 0818203040 to arrange to have your old Setanta subscription cancelled.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 11,038 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]swoofer,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]You need to register your Sky card details here https://subscribe.eirsport.ie/eircustomer to avail of this service on your Sky box. After registering you should allow up to 4 hours for the service to activate on your Sky box.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]You then would need to ring the eir Sport/ Setanta team on 0818203040 to arrange to have your old Setanta subscription cancelled.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

I love when customer service people roll out the standard response without fully reading the query. Clearly the OP said that they don't have a sky card, they only have a Setanta viewing card...

Well spotted.  I have rang setanta 4 times now and although they send the signal they are not clewed up on a setanta card as opposed to a sky viewing card with a sky sub and a setanta sub.  I rang again yesterday and got the signal sent but still no joy.  You end up checking cables , re-booting box, wiping card, etc etc.  The only people I know with setanta sport free pack have a sky sub as well.  I am going to request a new card after today but that's another story.

Pamela,  I am registered for my eir since November 2015, I registered for my eir sport 9 July 2016,  the website confirms that I am registered.  A new card is the only way to prove once an for all that the HD channels work with an eir sport free sub. 

I should add I get BBC1 HD and BBC2 HD, EIR SPORT 2 HD so it would appear box is ok.

Sorted.   I used another HD box and when I rang this time got a person who knew about pairing so gave box details and bingo all worked.  The error from the outset is that the people answering the phone did not know about needing to pair box in order to get hd.

delighted and hope this post helps someone else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

swoofer wrote: »
    Sorted.   I used another HD box and when I rang this time got a person who knew about pairing so gave box details and bingo all worked.  The error from the outset is that the people answering the phone did not know about needing to pair box in order to get hd.

delighted and hope this post helps someone else
    That's great to hear  swooferthanks for the update.

-Pamela 

• Advertisement
Advertisement