Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best long-lasting, no frills phone

Options
  • 26-07-2016 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all. So I travel and live abroad a fair bit with work and would like to keep a second phone for my Irish SIM. I have a smartphone that I can insert a SIM for the UK, Germany and Italy (where I mostly travel/work), so ideally I just want this second phone for sending and receiving calls and SMS messages, it doesn't need Internet or apps or anything like that. Most important feature is battery life and size (smaller/lighter the better). Under £100 would also be nice, if possible :). Thanks for any help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nokia-105-SIM-Free-Mobile-Phone/dp/B00DBWI2E0

Something like this will do the job. Personally I think the older model the 100 is much better but it might be hard to find one new to buy it. Battery can nearly get two weeks on standby.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,641 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

I had Nokia 105 as a backup, was getting a full week on a battery charge with low level of usage.
    It's the most basic Nokia I've seen, much less features than 53XX series and they are 10 years older.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

odyssey06 wrote: »
    I had Nokia 105 as a backup, was getting a full week on a battery charge with low level of usage.
    It's the most basic Nokia I've seen, much less features than 53XX series and they are 10 years older.

Just to clarify, I was talking about the 100 in my earlier post.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Excellent, great price too. Thanks for the help!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Phone arrived over the weekend and it's exactly what I'm looking for, thanks again for the help folks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement