Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due April 2017!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Pipina29

Thanks girls for the support!
    Red fraggle I'm with you, very scared, but there's nothing we can do unfortunately. I've booked an early scan at 7 weeks too, just for peace of mind, but I have to learn to deal with the wait.
    I'm still in shock after yesterday's experience... Has anyone of you had migraine developed during pregnancy? I had my first episode of aura with no headache yesterday morning, I got such a fright. My GP suggested me to go into hospital and get first my eyes checked, so I ended up in the Eye and ears's A&E.... 5 hours wait sitting next to a person that, I found out only at the end, was infected with chicken pox... A freaking nightmare!
    Anyway, my eyes are perfectly fine and the doctor suggested was an episode of migraine. I've never had it in my life, any suggestions?
    I think yesterday's experience triggered my fear that something could go wrong this time too, I know it's irrational but it's hard to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

chases0102 wrote: »
    This really is a great thread.

Congrats everyone!

Can anyone recommend books for new fathers?

My husband had Fatherhood: The Truth by Marcus Berkmann, and he quite liked that.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Hollywood130

Hi everyone. I'm new to this thread. I'm 5 weeks & 5 days pregnant. Conceived through IVF after 7 years trying :) still completely in stock but can't even describe our excitement and happiness!

I've an early scan booked for next Thursday, I'll be coming up on 7 weeks, cannot wait for that :D.

I've a path worn to the loo, tummy is already very bloated but I'm taking progesterone so I'm sure its down to that. Feeling quite sick today, no vomiting so far but I am finding it hard to cope with work, any tips to get through the day feeling sick? I've totally gone off my brakfast, haven't been able to have one at all this week, the thought of food in the morning turns my stomach. I'm craving carbs too, all I want is potatoes, sausage rolls and bread :D things I never normally eat. This isn't very nutritious at all for a developing baby :O

So happy to be on this thread and following all your journeys!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭dreamstar

Hi everyone. I'm new to this thread. I'm 5 weeks & 5 days pregnant. Conceived through IVF after 7 years trying :) still completely in stock but can't even describe our excitement and happiness!

I've an early scan booked for next Thursday, I'll be coming up on 7 weeks, cannot wait for that :D.

I've a path worn to the loo, tummy is already very bloated but I'm taking progesterone so I'm sure its down to that. Feeling quite sick today, no vomiting so far but I am finding it hard to cope with work, any tips to get through the day feeling sick? I've totally gone off my brakfast, haven't been able to have one at all this week, the thought of food in the morning turns my stomach. I'm craving carbs too, all I want is potatoes, sausage rolls and bread :D things I never normally eat. This isn't very nutritious at all for a developing baby :O

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    WAAAAAH!!!!
    Welcome to the pregnancy forum! So so great to have you here. I'm actually in March but had to write when I saw your name come up!

:D AW!! Good to hear from you Dreamstar, hope you're keeping well xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭red fraggle

Pipina29 wrote: »
    Red fraggle I'm with you, very scared, but there's nothing we can do unfortunately. I've booked an early scan at 7 weeks too, just for peace of mind, but I have to learn to deal with the wait.
    I'm still in shock after yesterday's experience... Has anyone of you had migraine developed during pregnancy? I had my first episode of aura with no headache yesterday morning, I got such a fright. My GP suggested me to go into hospital and get first my eyes checked, so I ended up in the Eye and ears's A&E.... 5 hours wait sitting next to a person that, I found out only at the end, was infected with chicken pox... A freaking nightmare!
    Anyway, my eyes are perfectly fine and the doctor suggested was an episode of migraine. I've never had it in my life, any suggestions?
    I think yesterday's experience triggered my fear that something could go wrong this time too, I know it's irrational but it's hard to deal with.

Sounds like a nightmare! Glad all is OK! I know its so hard. My little fella barely touched my tummy with his foot and I was thinking he's done something now. Then today I don't feel pregnant at all apart from tired and a bit stupid! Gona try just relax. Get to 7 week scan then take it from there!!! GreT to share! I've a path wore out to the loo too!!!!

Hi all, Ive gone from having a few symptoms to none! :confused: only hunger maybe... so disconcerting. i would prefer to be puking!! gona be a long few weeks til I get my early scan.. may keep myself busy!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

I had my first episode of aura with no headache yesterday morning, I got such a fright. My GP suggested me to go into hospital and get first my eyes checked, so I ended up in the Eye and ears's A&E.... 5 hours wait sitting next to a person that, I found out only at the end, was infected with chicken pox... A freaking nightmare!

I feel your pain. I've been suffering with migraine for years. People don't understand until they have one themselves, they just think you're making a big deal out of a small headache. Hopefully it's a once off for you!
    I find the following helps me (particularly now when we can't take any meds):
    - can of coke
    - dark room
    - cold facecloth on your forehead
    - Migrastick (it's a blend of peppermint oil, you rub it on your temples. Very soothing)
    - Go to bed & hope to sleep it off

Aura is horrendous - it's nearly worse than the headache, it's so off putting & can make you feel dog ill. Hopefully, it was just the one for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Ah Jesus sounds awful. I wonder why your GP didn't suggest you go see your optician instead of the eye and ear? Much shorter wait, much cheaper, and probably no chicken-pox-er to your side!!

Glad all is okay though.

Hey I'm 17 weeks and 4 days and still battling daily nausea. It makes work very difficult. The best things I've learnt to get me through the day are very cold, fruity drinks and also sucking on hard boiled sweets. As well as eating regularly (nearly every hour!). It doesn't stop the nausea but takes the edge off to make it very slightly less horrendous.

Good luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

oh this makes me to happy to see you here doll xxxxx

CheerLouth wrote: »
    I feel your pain. I've been suffering with migraine for years. People don't understand until they have one themselves, they just think you're making a big deal out of a small headache. Hopefully it's a once off for you!
    I find the following helps me (particularly now when we can't take any meds):
    - can of coke
    - dark room
    - cold facecloth on your forehead
    - Migrastick (it's a blend of peppermint oil, you rub it on your temples. Very soothing)
    - Go to bed & hope to sleep it off

Aura is horrendous - it's nearly worse than the headache, it's so off putting & can make you feel dog ill. Hopefully, it was just the one for you.

Thanks for the suggestions! I really hope it was just the one episode... It is a pretty frightening and invalidating condition!

Ah Jesus sounds awful. I wonder why your GP didn't suggest you go see your optician instead of the eye and ear? Much shorter wait, much cheaper, and probably no chicken-pox-er to your side!!

Glad all is okay though.

Thanks catrionanic, it's a good point actually, I should have done that... but I didn't have the presence of mind to suggest that to the GP.
    It's over now anyway, and I really hope I won't need to be checked in that place again.

Redfraggle, I'm sick from when I wake in the morning until I close my eyes at night and it is not nice trust me. Not vomiting yet but might aswell be, I'd probably be better off it might make me feel better. I'm off so much of my food and its so hard to know what to eat right now. Work is so difficult being this ill. Trust me, you're better off not sick :ermm:.

Catrionanic, oh God, you're still sick at 17 weeks?? I thought it'd be well gone by then, I'll be 13 weeks when we go to Spain for 10 days and now I'm really nervous about going incase I'm sick. Might not be so pleasant being over there and being ill, especially the flying... I have figured out that I'm not AS SICK when my belly is full, still sick but can function. When you say hard boiled sweets, what are they? Yeah, I can't stomach water at all, it just makes me worse.

Oh thanks Sticky, so happy to be here! Hope you're keeping well xx

Oh how I'd love a nap...

I wouldn't worry too much Hollywood, most people's nausea lifts after the first trimester. I'm sure you'll be one of the lucky majority!

Hard boiled sweets like your granny used to give you! I went to Tesco and bought those "Tubs" ones - Apple flavoured hard wee balls and it really does help somewhat. Totally hear ya on it being worse when you're hungry. Just stick to bland foods for now and don't worry about it, baby gets sufficient nutrition from you regardless of what you eat. I've been mad on potatoes and chips the whole pregnancy, but no real cravings other than that. Eat what you can stomach and don't stress.... And get hubby to do the cooking! I've been so nauseous that I can't cook anything at all - it's microwave or nothing I'm afraid. And forget about cleaning the house, that's like running a marathon!

Redfraggle, I'm sick from when I wake in the morning until I close my eyes at night and it is not nice trust me. Not vomiting yet but might aswell be, I'd probably be better off it might make me feel better. I'm off so much of my food and its so hard to know what to eat right now. Work is so difficult being this ill. Trust me, you're better off not sick :ermm:.

When did u start to feel sick? I'm dreading there's something wrong as my sickness disappeared and I'm only 5 weeks 3 days :( on my other two I was sick til 13/14 weeks. It was awful especially in work! Now wuth this one nothing... Have to wait til sept 5th to c if all is OK.... Nurse said symptoms could disappear.

I flew when about 12 weeks. It was OK. Just have ur supplies that help!

I only started feeling sick around 5weeks 4 days tbh and I've been sick since. Not all pregnant ladies get sick. 2 of my friends weren't sick at at all, one had one or two days feeling queasy but that was all. That one is 13 weeks now and all is fine. Really I wouldn't be worried about not being sick, it doesn't always happen. I'm sure theres nothing to worry about, all pregnancies can differ. They do say that sickness usually flairs up around 6 weeks and peaks at weeks 8 and 9. You could be sick before you know it!!

I'm only 2 days into work this week and I am finding it so so tough, especially the afternoons. I'm so very tired after lunch and I'm really struggling to keep it going. I really am counting the time down. I'm off Thursday for a scan, THANK GOD, I don't know how I'm going to go on doing 5 days feeling like this!!

Really I'm not complaining, its great that I'm feeling like this and so glad I am!! I'm just letting you all know about it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭chases0102

My partner hasn't been feeling sick at all! I guess she's one of the lucky ones, or maybe she'll feel sick in latter weeks....it's funny, I'm telling her it's great that she doesn't feel sick, but in an almost perverse way she says that she wants to feel sick so she can feel pregnant!

Maybe I'd be the same if I wasn't sick. It's not easy being sick though, I'm just trying to get used to it, got another 5 and a half weeks of it I'm guessing!!! I'm constantly thinking of food, I've figured out the fuller I am the less sick I am but I'm eating all things that I wouldn't normally eat. Something pops into my head and I'm like yeah I can eat that!! So today I'm feeling like beans on toast for lunch and spag bol for dinner, still deciding on the mince tho, might just have a veggie spa bol :D:D

Thanks Hollywood for the reply. Felt a little quesy today and was delighted with myself! So hard not knowing if everything is OK. Its a long time til sept 5th.

I do sleepover shifts so I start at 3.30pm. By 7pm I'm so tired!!! Happy wit it tho!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭sullivk

Had a private scan today as we weren't really sure of my dates. Turns out we're just 7 weeks 1 day, due on April 8th (my 30th birthday!!)
    Reassuring to see all is as it should be and looking forward to our Booking visit at the end of September.
    Feeling absolutely shattered. Started back to work part-time 2 weeks ago and our 11 month old has been really unsettled at night since starting creche :(
    Hope all is going well for the other Mammies and Daddies!!

Congratulations sullivk! Happy to hear all good at your scan.
    I have my first booked for tomorrow morning (I'll be 7 weeks tomorrow) and I'm really dreading it.
    I'm getting quite sensitive to food, I'm hungry all the time but there's not much I can tolerate. I had a very mild curry last Friday, oh God, I spent all Saturday in the toilet.
    I hope tomorrow all will be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭sullivk

Good luck Pipina! Sorry to hear you're not feeling the best, hope it passes for you in the coming weeks. Enjoy today, it really is amazing x

Red Fraggle, God love you doing sleepover shifts! I work 8 hour days and I'm struggling so bad. It's the sickness really and the constantly thinking of what to eat!! But really this isn't me complaining!!! I'm too happy for that. Counting down the weeks for the sickness to end, I'm praying by 12 weeks its over.

Sullivk, oh wow, we're really close, I'm April 5th & that's my friends birthday :D. How are you, are you sick at all? I've been sick since week 6, I'm 8 weeks on Wednesday. Very glad to hear all is going well

Pipina, oh I know how you feel, I'm the same with food, anything I used to eat I can't have now, believe it or not I haven't touched chocolate in 2 weeks and I LOVED that!!! Same with tea, thats a no go. I constantly feel ill.

Thanks Sullivk and Hollywood!

I had my first scan today and everything is looking very good, it was amazing but I still haven't processed it. I didn't know what to expect today since the last time I was in that very same place I had a miscarriage, and it was only 5 months ago....
    Fingers crossed for the future!

Hollywood I'm with you about chocolate, I used to love it and now I can't tolerate it much. I'm craving for sausages, which I normally don't really eat :D

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Bobbins

Lots of activity in the group now! It's great :-) had a scan in the epu this morning, by my days I'll be 8 weeks on sunday, they dated me at 8+1 today so not much in it :-) fingers crossed all will go well here on in, such a relief to see the little heartbeat <3

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Scousemouse83

Hey guys,
    Can I join in? I was on the ttc board. I'm 8 weeks due April 7th first baby after a Mmc in May.
    Currently very sick with hyperemesis 2 admissions to the Coombe so needless to say I'm heAding there going public as my consultant only does public or private and I'll see her anyway so advised to save the money
    Nervous but had 3x scans and heartbeats on them all do baby happy so makes the sickness worth it!!
    Looking forward to sharing advice and tips/tricks with you all!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭fits

sympathies to you with the HG, it must be grotty!

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Scousemouse83

It is but it's a good sign apparently hoping the medication helps!! Off work so would really like to get back to it and normality

• Advertisement

Hi guys. Lovely to see ppl getting scans. Im very nervously waiting mine monday 5th. So nervous!! :(

Feeling nauseous all day everyday but dont mind. Hopin its a good sign..

My ibs has flared up no end. Unreal pain in stomach. Been for acupuncture twice which has really helped thank god.

To top it off my 4 year old who is due to start school thur got chicken pox sat!!! Waitin for blood results to see if im immune. Please god I am otherwise could b problems with the baby.

So im a bit numb, worry bout my unborn baby, worried about my 4 yr old, worried bout can she start school thur and if she doesnt how she might b left out cos she wasnt in first few days... oh the joys and guilt of being a mammy. Wouldnt change it for the world. Just hope my scan will b good!

Advertisement