Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due April 2017!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭sullivk

Oh no, you poor thing! So stressful for you. When will you get your blood results? Hopefully everything will be okay for you and the two babas :)
    I have Crohns and it's usually grand but oh my goodness, the bloating I am experiencing is insane. I don't think I'll be abke to hide it much linger in work!! Eeek :O
    Best of luck with your scan xx

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Claire311

Hi i just found out this week that im 5weeks! Very early yet but its my first pregnancy! Red fraggle i also have ibs n it has flared up big time! Has anyone had really itchy skin?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Bobbins

Claire311 wrote: »
    Hi i just found out this week that im 5weeks! Very early yet but its my first pregnancy! Red fraggle i also have ibs n it has flared up big time! Has anyone had really itchy skin?

Congrats! I had really itchy skin in the early stages of my first pregnancy, it drive me potty but it resolved eventually. Keep an eye on it and mention it to your gp/midwife a it later stages of preg it can signify other issues, but normal at this stage from my experience anyway!

Edite to say, re ibs, I have this also but was told by my midwife first time around that pregnancy can often help reduce symptoms of ibs and I definitely found that to be so...hopefully it will be the same for u as u progress

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Claire311

Bobbins wrote: »
    Congrats! I had really itchy skin in the early stages of my first pregnancy, it drive me potty but it resolved eventually. Keep an eye on it and mention it to your gp/midwife a it later stages of preg it can signify other issues, but normal at this stage from my experience anyway!

Edite to say, re ibs, I have this also but was told by my midwife first time around that pregnancy can often help reduce symptoms of ibs and I definitely found that to be so...hopefully it will be the same for u as u progress

Thanks bobbins hopefully it will sibside soon i meantioned it to my gp and he recommended hydrocorsodol cream and silcocks base. Ive suffered from severe ibsd for years so fingers crossed the symptoms will ease with pregnancy!

Im still at the stage where it doesnt feel real! Every time i go to the loo im nervous that ill c blood! Ill b 6weeks tomoro.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭red fraggle

In my first pregnancy the ibs cleared up during it and for year after. Second pregnancy brought itback. Hopin this one fixes it!

Im immune to chicken pox thank god!! And my little one got to start school!

Little fella had vomiting bug yesterdy Praying I dont get it!

Im struggling really bad with nausea. Cant get it to ease. Tryin everything. Anytips? Im hopin its a good sign. Still runnin to the loo checkin for blood! Im 8 weeks now. Monday cant come soon enough for my scan!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

I'm also a bad IBS sufferer and the symptoms are definitely better since getting pregnant.... Although pregnancy slows everything down too much! Never been so constipated in my life before!

Sorry to hear about the nausea red fraggle. I can really sympathise... I've had it from 7 weeks and I'm now 20 weeks (but am on Cariban now which helps a lot). There is nothing that will get rid of it, unfortunately. The things I found which did help somewhat though are cold fruity things like ice pops, and fruity hard sweets. And lots of (cold) water. And keeping eating little bits so your tummy is never empty.

So I ended up with the vomiting bug. In hosp ladt night and needed 5 drips. I even blacked out in hosp. Hoping to still hav scan and all wil b ok with baby tomorrow. The hole family got the bug!

Oh no redfraggle, you haven't been having easy time at all! Can't believe you blacked out, xo frightening for you. I hope you start to feel better soon and everything with babs is okay xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Pipina29

Red fraggle so sorry to hear that you ended up in hospital! I can imagine how frightening that could be, I really hope everything's ok with you and baby.
    I have another scan tomorrow morning, I really hope all goes ok.

Good luck to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi everyone,

I done a pregnancy test last week that was positive ðŸ˜ðŸ€— Based on my last period and the Ovia app im due 25th April which is the exact same due date i had for my first baby who is now 4. She was born 9th May so could be born on the same day again this time.

I had a miscarriage after my first born (2/3 years ago) and have been trying ever since with no luck until now.

Im feeling really anxious tho to make it past the next few weeks to put my mind at ease. I think after a scan ill calm down but until then im going to suffer.

I havent told anyone only my partner because i told everyone too early last time and learned the hard way. Im even too nervous to make an appointment for the doctor yet but at the same time im excited and want to get a date for a scan. Im just so anxious and trying to relax myself 😕

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 crystal5206

Hi everybody im a newbie to all this.

I done a test last week which came back positive. Based on my period and my Ovia App im due around 25th April. My first born had the exact same due date 4 years ago and she was born on 9th May so could be another May baby or even the same birthday again. ðŸ˜ðŸ˜

I had a miscarriage 2/3 years ago in week 7 and am feeling really anxious this time because of what happend last time. I am having tender breasts, really hungry and tired all the time and a bit nausuas in mornings and evenings so i think its looking good so far because with my last pregnancy i had a feeling something was wrong when i had no other symptoms only tender breasts and that even stopped around week 5. I cant wait to make it past 12 weeks just so i can relax a bit. Havnt told anyone yet just in case. I made the mistake of telling too many people last time.

Hope u all have healthy babies and cant wait to see what happens ðŸ˜☺️

• Registered Users Posts: 22 crystal5206

Maybe I'd be the same if I wasn't sick. It's not easy being sick though, I'm just trying to get used to it, got another 5 and a half weeks of it I'm guessing!!! I'm constantly thinking of food, I've figured out the fuller I am the less sick I am but I'm eating all things that I wouldn't normally eat. Something pops into my head and I'm like yeah I can eat that!! So today I'm feeling like beans on toast for lunch and spag bol for dinner, still deciding on the mince tho, might just have a veggie spa bol :D:D
    Im hungry all the time too. On my first pregnancy i had food aversions and never wanted to eat anything. I lost weight during the first trimester because i couldnt eat but was still getting sick. i put it all back on and more by the end tho 😂😂
    This time im eating all around me. Im the opposite to you tho in the way that i have a hunger feeling constantly but when i eat i feel sick (havnt actually ben sick yet tho) straight after eating i still have that hungry feeling but the thoughts of eating most stuff makes me feel sick. So guessing im obviously not hungry its just a false feeling of hunger or something. The things we have to go through. Im going to be like a whale by the end of this pregnancy it doesnt stop soon 🙈

Hi guys. Had my scan and saw my babys heart beat. Im 8 weeks but it kept showing 7 weeks until the last few measurements. Oh the nerves!!! Another scan in 3 weeks which im nervous about. But for now im Relieved and gonna enjoy it.

So nervous feelin sick after havin the bug but just gona try keep positive. Tried ice chips today that I made from diluted drink and they worked ok. Only id need an endless supply!!

I done a test last week which came back positive. Based on my period and my Ovia App im due around 25th April. My first born had the exact same due date 4 years ago and she was born on 9th May so could be another May baby or even the same birthday again. ðŸ˜ðŸ˜

I had a miscarriage 2/3 years ago in week 7 and am feeling really anxious this time because of what happend last time. I am having tender breasts, really hungry and tired all the time and a bit nausuas in mornings and evenings so i think its looking good so far

Welcome!! My symptoms are very similar to yours. Hopefully all goes well:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

Hi,

Hope everyone is doing well :)

Can I join in here. I just had an early scan (with Napro) this morning and i'm 7.5 weeks. Due April 22.

I was too scared to join here earlier, as this is my 4 pregnancy - but the previous 3 were miscarriages. Didn't want to join anything until I had some type of confirmation. I already have a 3 year old.

Am feeling a bit sick, hungry - but can't face any food, and tired.

Good luck everyone!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Another one for the April club, well, not me obviously, my wife!

Had the first scan this morning.

We decided to go private this time as we lost two pregnancies in the last year which was very traumatic so we reckoned for the additional piece of mind for herself it was worth the money.

We are attending Dr Daly in the Coombe, super guy.

He explained absolutely everything which no other doctor had done before.

Given the circumstances of the first loss (there were foetal abnormalities) we are going to have the harmony test done. They recommend having it after the 10 week mark so we are booked in for another scan in 2 weeks and if everything goes OK with that we will arrange the harmony.

She is approx 8 weeks gone and according to the doc everything is exactly as it should be at this stage. There is some relief however with the first it was the same so we won't know if everything is OK for 2 to 3 weeks so fingers crossed.

Due in or around the 20th of April all going well.

Good luck to all!

:)

Hi guys. Anyone quietly freaking out?? Any pain or twinge or slightbrown discharge and im freakin out! I know I cant do anything and ive another scan on the 28th. The nerves and anxiety and worry...

Also taking me a long time to recover from the bug. Hav to rest constantly with two young kids. Doesnt really work. Afraid to go anywhere in case I faint!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Pipina29

Hi red fraggle, I'm the same. I'm having some twinges in the last couple of days, they come and go. I'm trying to keep it together but it's not easy, trying not to think about it 'cause there's nothing I can do. I have my 12 weeks scan on the 27 and I'm really counting the days.

I had food poisoning too and I know it's not easy to recover, try to take it very easy... You have all my sympathy!

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Hollywood130

RedFraggle, sounds like you are having a rough time, really hope your feeling better now? Are you going private? Just wondering about scans really and when I'll have one...

Crystal, I'm the same I'm eating like a horse, only 11 weeks now and I feel huge alreadY! Compared to what I was I'm huge, getting paranoid that everyone is looking at my stomach too :ermm:

Congrats Dinkie

Saul, do you have health insurance or are you paying for it yourself?

Guys, I chose the public route, I was with the nurse this morning for bloods, I asked about a 12 week scan and she said that I won't have a scan until weeks 18-20?? Is this really the case when going private? I am going to phone the hospital in a couple of minutes to see what the story is. I had myself convinced I'd be called for a 12 week scan

RedFraggle, sounds like you are having a rough time, really hope your feeling better now? Are you going private? Just wondering about scans really and when I'll have one...

Crystal, I'm the same I'm eating like a horse, only 11 weeks now and I feel huge alreadY! Compared to what I was I'm huge, getting paranoid that everyone is looking at my stomach too :ermm:

Congrats Dinkie

Saul, do you have health insurance or are you paying for it yourself?

Guys, I chose the public route, I was with the nurse this morning for bloods, I asked about a 12 week scan and she said that I won't have a scan until weeks 18-20?? Is this really the case when going private? I am going to phone the hospital in a couple of minutes to see what the story is. I had myself convinced I'd be called for a 12 week scan

We have vhi but that only covers €500 for consultant fees. I believe we can also claim back 20% from revenue.

We will probably end up spending the guts of €3000 but after the last two experiences she felt that she wanted to go private so who am I to object.

I would have thought a 12 week scan was normal tbh.

The last two we were booked in for a 12 week one anyway but didn't make the second one as the loss occurred before that.

Don't be afraid to be pushy with them anyway. My wife's friend had a miss between babies 2 and 3 so when she got pregnant again she was naturally very nervous. She simply rang the hospital, told them she wasn't feeling well and that she wanted a scan and one was done within 48 hours. Don't take no for an answer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

I'm public in Holles st and am having my one and only scan of the pregnancy on Wednesday - when I'll be 22 weeks.

Afaik Holles st doesn't do a 12 week scan unless you're going privately or are high risk. Most other maternity hospitals to though.

When I had my daughter in the Rotunda (public) last year we had a scan during our booking visit at 12 weeks.
    It was just a very quick one to check heartbeat and help date the pregnancy. We had the big anomaly scan at 20 weeks and then a very quick scan at every outpatient appointment thereafter.

I have my booking visit for this babs on the 27th of this month and will be expecting a quick scan to say hello! :)

Hi guys.

Usually only get one scan around 20 weeks when public. I got an early one in the early pregnancy unit in wexford cos my doc asked for it as previous mc. If your hosp has one ring up and ask.

Im goin public but will pay for a private scan at bout 12 weeks prob in blackrock. Please god all going well. Thats what I did on my other two.

I had a small red bleed today and rang up and she said come down tomorrow for scan. Theyre very good.im so nervous as I hav abit of pain too. Just may wait and see.. tryin to b positive. Feel so sick..

Hope everyone is doing ok.

I had early private scans last time and this time in Bkackrock, it was definitely worth getting for peace of mind.
    Will be keeping my fingers and toes crossed red fraggle, hoping everything is good for you and baba tomorrow xxx <3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

Good luck Red Fraggle. I hope everything goes well!

I work up for the first time this morning with no morning sickness! Managed to work my self up into a right tizzy before my other half calmed me down. Boobs are still sore and morning sickness seems to have been replaced with heartburn, so going to assume that everything is o.k.

Hope everyone else is doing well! Its all starting to get very real now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 emsie1404

Hi everyone, I've been following the thread but haven't yet posted, I'm currently 10w+2. We are doing semi private consultant led option in the Rotunda and have our booking appointment on Wednesday next week, it can't come quick enough!

We had an early scan at 7w4d in Blackrock, everything looked as it should and we saw the heartbeat which was amazing! Due date of 9th April. This is our first so it's very exciting and scary at the same time. It's been a pretty rough couple of months with headaches/sickness and extreme tiredness but I can only hope that they are all good signs that everything is ok, fingers crossed!

Hope everyone is feeling ok! :D

Hi guys. Sorry to bring bad news to the thread. Scan today showed no heartbeat :( devastated is an understatement. Even the doc and nurse were shocked as all was ok last week. I kind of knew though.

Im now waiting to c what happens. Decided for d and c on thur as I need it physically over so I can emotionally deal with it. I think it may b starting tho.

Anyway this chat is for some where else. I wish everyone here the best of luck and happy healthy pregnancies and babies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

So my wife is pregnant after having a miscarriage in May. She was 13 weeks gone in May but the baby stopped growing after 7 weeks. Heart breaking.

Found out in August she she pregnant again and is due around the end of April. Last wednesday there was a small bit of Bleeding while she was in Dublin, and she went to the coombe, They scanned her and could not see anything.

So she came back to Wexford and had a scan on Monday, and they said its only measuring as 5 weeks, and the sack is a oval shape instead of a circle shape. They could not see anything and they said there is a few worrying signs, but they have seen people before who have gone on to have a healthy baby.

She is booked in again in 9 days for a scan, and the bleeding as eased off. Has anyone gone through this before and the pregnancy been successful. Trying to stay as Positive as possible at the moment.

Hi guys. Sorry to bring bad news to the thread. Scan today showed no heartbeat :( devastated is an understatement. Even the doc and nurse were shocked as all was ok last week. I kind of knew though.

Im now waiting to c what happens. Decided for d and c on thur as I need it physically over so I can emotionally deal with it. I think it may b starting tho.

Anyway this chat is for some where else. I wish everyone here the best of luck and happy healthy pregnancies and babies.

Oh fraggle, I'm so so sorry to hear that.

Its a devastating blow to get.

I know I cant possibly say anything to ease your pain but my thoughts and prayers are with you and your o/h at this awful time.

:(

• Advertisement

I'm so sorry to read your news red fraggle, thinking of you and your family xxx

Advertisement