Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due April 2017!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Pipina29

I'm so sorry red fraggle, I know it's devastating. My thoughts are with you x

• Registered Users Posts: 16 emsie1404

Hi guys. Sorry to bring bad news to the thread. Scan today showed no heartbeat :( devastated is an understatement. Even the doc and nurse were shocked as all was ok last week. I kind of knew though.

Im now waiting to c what happens. Decided for d and c on thur as I need it physically over so I can emotionally deal with it. I think it may b starting tho.

Anyway this chat is for some where else. I wish everyone here the best of luck and happy healthy pregnancies and babies.

Red Fraggle, I am so sorry to hear this news :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭chases0102

So sorry to hear your news Red Fraggle, hope you're doing OK and taking some time for yourself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

bigron2109 wrote: »
    So my wife is pregnant after having a miscarriage in May. She was 13 weeks gone in May but the baby stopped growing after 7 weeks. Heart breaking.

Found out in August she she pregnant again and is due around the end of April. Last wednesday there was a small bit of Bleeding while she was in Dublin, and she went to the coombe, They scanned her and could not see anything.

So she came back to Wexford and had a scan on Monday, and they said its only measuring as 5 weeks, and the sack is a oval shape instead of a circle shape. They could not see anything and they said there is a few worrying signs, but they have seen people before who have gone on to have a healthy baby.

She is booked in again in 9 days for a scan, and the bleeding as eased off. Has anyone gone through this before and the pregnancy been successful. Trying to stay as Positive as possible at the moment.

What I'm shocked about is that they are making ye wait another 9 days.

We went through a similar thing and we were back in within 48 hours to confirm what had happened.

Fingers crossed you guys have a happier result.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

I am so sorry Red Fraggle. I have been there a couple of times. Take care of your self and your OH. xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭red fraggle

Thanks guys. This time tomorrow hopefully I will b able to try hopefully heal emotionally. And come to terms with it. Not using dr google for any info. Just gona turn up and ill b told what I need to know. Never wanted something to b over so much in my life. Itsvery surreal....

Hope ye are all doing good!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

What I'm shocked about is that they are making ye wait another 9 days.

We went through a similar thing and we were back in within 48 hours to confirm what had happened.

Fingers crossed you guys have a happier result.

Yeah we asked could we have a scan quicker and they said it would be better to wait as if there is anything inside the sack hopefully it will have grown a bit more by the time of the next scan.

I'm just hoping everything is ok , as to lose two babies Since May would be tough to take.

Has anyone had their booking scan yet? I have mine on Wednesday evening and I'm super nervous!

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

So my wife is pregnant after having a miscarriage in May. She was 13 weeks gone in May but the baby stopped growing after 7 weeks. Heart breaking.

Found out in August she she pregnant again and is due around the end of April. Last wednesday there was a small bit of Bleeding while she was in Dublin, and she went to the coombe, They scanned her and could not see anything.

So she came back to Wexford and had a scan on Monday, and they said its only measuring as 5 weeks, and the sack is a oval shape instead of a circle shape. They could not see anything and they said there is a few worrying signs, but they have seen people before who have gone on to have a healthy baby.

She is booked in again in 9 days for a scan, and the bleeding as eased off. Has anyone gone through this before and the pregnancy been successful. Trying to stay as Positive as possible at the moment.

9 days of a wait. Unbelievable but sadly typical. :(

If you want, she can get her blood tested in the GP over the course of a few days. They test for Hcg levels that should correspond with gestation - if the numbers go up, its good news. If they go down or stay the same, well, at least you can process your shock and initial grief at home together then go into your scan prepared for the worst and ask about the next step.

Hopefully, it will be good news for you. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Hollywood130

So I rang and rang and rang my GP until I finally got him to call the gynae on call and get me booked in for a scan. I had it last Friday at 11weeks 2 days and thankfully everything is perfect. Couldn't be happier. I'm 12 weeks on Wednesday and we've told all our family and close friends so I think I'll have to bite the bullet and tell them at work, planning on holding out until Friday though. When did you all tell your boss?

Red Fraggle, I am really sorry to hear your news, there really are no words, thinking of you xxx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Congrats hollywood130, that feels like no time at all since you were anxiously posting on your two week wait after IVF, and now you're pretty much 12 weeks! That has flown

So I rang and rang and rang my GP until I finally got him to call the gynae on call and get me booked in for a scan. I had it last Friday at 11weeks 2 days and thankfully everything is perfect. Couldn't be happier. I'm 12 weeks on Wednesday and we've told all our family and close friends so I think I'll have to bite the bullet and tell them at work, planning on holding out until Friday though. When did you all tell your boss?

Red Fraggle, I am really sorry to hear your news, there really are no words, thinking of you xxx
    That's great news, Hollywood, you must be so relieved to know everything is ok! What hospital are you going to? Assuming everything is ok with me on Wednesday at my appointment I will tell my boss next Monday as he is on leave until then. Is this your first? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Sadly I'll need to leave this thread . Brought my wife into A&E last night as there was blood clots and she felt unwell. They kept her in last night .

Today they scanned her and she had lost the baby.

Two Miscarriages in 4/5 months is tough to take at this time.

Best of luck to all you pregnant ladies and soon to be fathers .

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭fits

Really sorry to hear that bigron :( Take care of yourself.

Sadly I'll need to leave this thread . Brought my wife into A&E last night as there was blood clots and she felt unwell. They kept her in last night .

Today they scanned her and she had lost the baby.

Two Miscarriages in 4/5 months is tough to take at this time.

Best of luck to all you pregnant ladies and soon to be fathers .

Sincere condolences man, I've been in your exact spot in the last 12 months.

FYI, there is a thread currently in The Gentlemen's Club on Boards about a male perspective on MC, there is a fantastic podcast in the op. It won't make you feel any better but it will let you know that you aren't alone in how you are feeling.

My sincere condolences Bigron, that is horrendous after another a few months ago. Look after yourself.

I'm so sorry Bigron. My self and my OH went through 2 between Jan and April this year.

I hope everyone else is doing well. Some days I'm great and others I feel tired and sick. The days I'm sick, I wish I was better. The dats I am great, I worrry there is something wrong. I'm never happy!!

Am having a great day today. Eating all around me. I've lost 3/4 stone through morning sickness so allowing myself to eat whatever I want these days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭chases0102

Bigron, my condolences. Tough to process.

We have our scan tomorrow afternoon, fingers crossed.

Mrs had 10 week scan this morning, all good thus far thank god.

Strong heartbeat, we could see the makings of little arms and legs, doctor happy with everything at this stage and sees nothing to be concerned with though its still early days of course.

She is going to have the harmony test done to check for abnormalities in the next couple of days so until we get that back the anxiousness probably won't dissipate much but at this stage we couldn't ask for anything more and we are thankful for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Strong heartbeat, we could see the makings of little arms and legs, doctor happy with everything at this stage and sees nothing to be concerned with though its still early days of course.

She is going to have the harmony test done to check for abnormalities in the next couple of days so until we get that back the anxiousness probably won't dissipate much but at this stage we couldn't ask for anything more and we are thankful for that.

Absolutely delighted for you both <3

• Advertisement

Congratulations! It's such a relief to see that all is ok.

We had our booking appointment and 12 week scan last night, everything looks good. It's amazing the difference in last nights scan to what we seen on the last scan 4 weeks ago! Sickness and headaches are gone this week too, starting to feel normal again. Long may that continue!

Hope everyone else is feeling ok :)

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Scousemouse83

Haven't been on for a while, sick in and out of the Coombe with hyperemesis and migraines.
    So sorry to hear of the losses, thinking of you both and your significant others.
    Another scan next week at 13 weeks last one was at 10.4 looking forward to it as it will be clearer. Still so nervous after the mc. Worry if my symptoms aren't as strong but sure that's normal with first baby. Hope everyone else is feeling well.

Mrs had the harmony test done in the Beacon today.

All went OK, she had another scan (I wasn't with her due to logistics) and said you can really see a little human starting to form. Good strong heartbeat, doctor said the scan shows nothing at all that raises concern but of course, its very limited in what will show up.

Can be up to 10 days before we get the results.

In tomorrow week for 12 week scan so we are hoping that the results will be in by then.

We would rather be with her consultant if we get bad news than her or I taking a phone call at work.

Still very worried (no reason I am other than the previous two losses) but I feel cautiously optimistic that everything will come back clear and normal.

Hope all you guys are doing well.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭sullivk

Glad all went well for you both today Saul :)

We had our booking visit and scan in the rotunda today. All looking good, I'm 12+5 due date April 6th. Now I just need to summon the courage to tell my manager as I only returned from maternity leave 8 weeks ago. It has been difficult keeping it under wraps as I'm looking a bit porky already!!

My nausea has pretty much vanished and other than the tiredness I feel pretty good. We are now in the process of trying to sell and buy a larger home so we have alot going on at the moment.
    I hope everyone is doing well and am so sorry to read of the losses on this thread, thinking of you all x

I had my 12 weeks scan and harmony test done at the Rotunda yesterday, all was very good with the baby jumping around and waving at us.
    It was an incredible experience, I was so dreading this scan I spent the last two weeks thinking about the worst since my symptoms were disappearing.
    I can't be more impressed by all the staff in the Rotunda, very competent and at the same time emphatic.
    I still have to wait the results of the harmony test, but the dr said From the scan she could see all looked very positive.
    Fingers crossed for everybody and my thoughts are with the losses on the thread x

• Registered Users Posts: 44 kat939

Hi everyone - been lurking for a while (not sure why I haven't posted yet really!) But our due date is 30 April so I suppose we belong here😊 First pregnancy here so a small bit paranoid but starting to relax now after a scan earlier this week. So sorry to hear about the losses, sending good thoughts your way x

In this morning for the 12 week scan and got the harmony test results.

Everything 100% normal and progressing exactly as it should.

We were absolutely sick with worry this morning, we are thanking god for how lucky we are after everything we have gone through.

So, so relieved.

Hope you all are doing well.

In this morning for the 12 week scan and got the harmony test results.

Everything 100% normal and progressing exactly as it should.

We were absolutely sick with worry this morning, we are thanking god for how lucky we are after everything we have gone through.

So, so relieved.

Hope you all are doing well.

Saul we must be due practically the same day! I'm delighted everything is going well. i'm 12 weeks today and am so relieved. After 3 miscarriages, at least the risk is starting to go down.

I had a scan last week and all is good. I have another 1 next week. I don't think they do the harmony test in Wexford. I'm not sure if that is good or bad!

Hope everyone else is doing well!!

Dinkie wrote: »
    Saul we must be due practically the same day! I'm delighted everything is going well. i'm 12 weeks today and am so relieved. After 3 miscarriages, at least the risk is starting to go down.

I had a scan last week and all is good. I have another 1 next week. I don't think they do the harmony test in Wexford. I'm not sure if that is good or bad!

Hope everyone else is doing well!!

Bout the 18th of April all going well.

Mrs wanted to get the harmony test done as the first baba we lost had abnormalities and because she is 38 so was a bit worried.

It can only be done privately at a cost (in Dublin at least) of €450.

Money well spent for the peace of mind.

• Advertisement

Congratulations for the good news!

I had the results of my harmony test yesterday too and all is looking good! I'm so relieved :) and now I'm just hoping that everything will proceed well.

Advertisement