Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due April 2017!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

We were in this morning for check in appointment, bloods, blood pressure etc, all perfectly normal.

Had a scan too and nugget is happy out, swimming away and all is as it should be.

Not back in for another 4 weeks now.

I feel that at this stage we can start to get a bit excited and begin planning.

EDD is the 16th so two days before my birthday.

Hope all is going well for everyone in here.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭sullivk

Great news Saul! I started to feel the first little movements this week, like popcorn popping :)
    I told my manager and my colleagues and thabkfully my news was very well recieved.

I had diet controlled gestational diabetes with my first pregnancy so they continuously monitored my sugars throughout the second and now again with this little babs. It means fortnightly visits to the breakfast club which is going to be fun with my 1 year old in tow!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Hollywood130

I'm 17 weeks today. Still can't quite believe it, so very happy! Starting to really show now. Not really feeling any movement that I know of anyway. Looking forward to this happening

Hope everyone else is doing well!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Pipina29

Congratulations Hollywood130!
    We are very close, I was 16 weeks yesterday :)
    I thought I could feel some movement (very weak flutters) but only if I'm relaxed and I pay attention to it. I have my next scan at 17 weeks and I really hope everything will be ok!

How is everybody else?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 emsie1404

I feel like the time is flying in which is great! Long may that continue :) I was 16 weeks on Sunday Pipina29 and Hollywood130 so our dates are very close! I had a doctors appointment this morning and was able to hear baby's heartbeat loud and clear on her doppler, so nice to hear and will keep me going until our big scan in a few weeks.
    Anyone else feel like they just expand and their stomachs in the afternoon/evening? I am finding that alot in the last week that after lunch I'm absolutely huge! There is a big difference in my size in the mornings to the evenings. Also getting alot of ligament/stretching pains but these actually give me peace of mind that things are happening and everything is ok!
    Everyone else doing ok?

• Advertisement

This thread is very quiet. The warm weather in July must have had people too tired for shenanigans!

:pac:

In this morning for an early anatomy scan, 17 weeks + 4 days gone.

Everything exactly where it should be and the nugget is developing nicely. Good strong heartbeat.

We have decided we aren't going to find out the sex but both of us are convinced its a boy.

Hope everyone else is having a happy pregnancy.

:)

Glad to hear all is going according to plan Saul! I'm 19 weeks today, due to have our anatomy scan next week. It feels like the time is flying, almost halfway there!! I'm bloody exhausted, running around after our teenager and toddler and we're in the process of selling our current place and buying a bigger house so a bit stressful at the moment. It's all go!

Feeling lots of movement now and really looking forward to our scan. We're not finding out the gender, making it very difficult to agree on potential baby names. I was convinced last baba was going to be a boy but she surprised us all so I don't trust my instincts at all this time.
    Hope everyone else is doing well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Abrean

I had my anatomy scan yesterday :) All looking very well, baby very active!

Was great to see! We decided not to find out what it was but while the sonographer was taking her measurements, there was quite a good view and well it was a bit obvious :pac:

But I guess we'll know for sure once baby arrives :)

• Registered Users Posts: 44 kat939

Feel miles behind everyone - I won't be 20 weeks until the middle of December! Busy trying to arrange a private anatomy scan for then since they don't do them in Limerick. (Although I'll have one in hospital on Tuesday after having to go in last night - all fine but they just want to double check) Definitely starting to notice a bump developing and looking forward to feeling some movements, think there would be a lot of reassurance in that! Hope everyone is well x

Thanks - I've been in touch with them already😊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

I haven't posted in here for ages! There is a really active facebook group for April going on, and as a result I kinda forget about here.

Glad to see everyone is going well!

Kat939, don't feel too miles behind - you will still be on maternity leave when the rest of us have to go back!!

Can't believe I'm 18.5 weeks, although I feel like the pregnancy is going fairly slowly. Am having problems sleeping due to back pain. Its my fault though, have had a few days on my feet for work, and we are just about to move house - so am stressed.

I have the big scan on December 9th and can't wait. A relation of mine is actually going to be doing the scan, and it makes me feel so much better.

Baby has started kicking also which is nice.

Has anybody started wearing maternity wear yet? I've started thinking about it this week. I want to get a coat, but they are all so huge! EVen about the shoulders. What is everyone else doing?

Hope your back pain improves Dinkie, try to take it easy (I know, easier said than done!!)
    We had our big anatomy scan in Rotunda today, all looking good thankfully.

We didn't find out the gender, although baby was relaxing with their arms up over their head and their little feet crossed so I'm guessing it's a lazy boy ;)

I have all my maternity clothes from last year, I've been wearing them for a few weeks now (i feel absolutely HUGE) but my regular coat is still fitting at the moment so I'll see how long I can get out of that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Emily525

Hi all,

New to this thread and also Boards :) Great to find some chat around April Babies :) I am due the beginning of April. Next scan not until the end of Dec which feels like ages away - I will be 24 weeks at the next appointment, previous appointment was exactly 12 weeks. Did anyone else have similar appointment dates/timeframes between appointments?

Hope your pain improves Dinkie, it's very tough the day's you don't sleep well. Feel better soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Leinster1980

Hi Dinkie,

Would you have a link to the Facebook group?

Thanks x

Dinkie wrote: »
    I haven't posted in here for ages! There is a really active facebook group for April going on, and as a result I kinda forget about here.

Glad to see everyone is going well!

Kat939, don't feel too miles behind - you will still be on maternity leave when the rest of us have to go back!!

Can't believe I'm 18.5 weeks, although I feel like the pregnancy is going fairly slowly. Am having problems sleeping due to back pain. Its my fault though, have had a few days on my feet for work, and we are just about to move house - so am stressed.

I have the big scan on December 9th and can't wait. A relation of mine is actually going to be doing the scan, and it makes me feel so much better.

Baby has started kicking also which is nice.

Has anybody started wearing maternity wear yet? I've started thinking about it this week. I want to get a coat, but they are all so huge! EVen about the shoulders. What is everyone else doing?

Hi Dinkie,

Would you have a link to the Facebook group?

Thanks x

Can you PM it to me too please if you don't mind, my wife has been considering reactivating her account for just such a thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Immy

I would like a link to Facebook page as well if anyone could PM it to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

Hi,

I PM'd all who were looking for the facebook page. I should add, I have no affiliation - but do find it good and the people on it are lovely. Also, I always think the more the better!

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Scousemouse83

Hi,

I PM'd all who were looking for the facebook page. I should add, I have no affiliation - but do find it good and the people on it are lovely. Also, I always think the more the better!
    Could I get the details too please.
    Thanks

Hi,

Could I also get the details of this please? Thanks a mill! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Scousemouse83

Hi guys,
    Haven't posted in a while, we had our anamoly scan at 21 weeks yesterday the nuchal fold measurement was borderline >5 but less than 6. One measurement 6.1. We have a further scan Monday with a fetal consultant. Does anyone have experience of this as the nuchal measurement has never been mentioned previously and we haven't had blood tests done prior to this for chromosomal markers. Dh won't get worried until after Monday as results are borderline, I'm not coping do well.

• Advertisement

I'm so sorry scousemouse, I don't have any experience to offer but didn't want to read and run! I can only imagine the worry. I really hope the weekend goes quickly for you and you get a better answer on Monday xx

Sorry Scousemouse I have no experience with that. I really hope everything is going to be ok for you.

I had my anomaly scan yesterday at 22 weeks and all was normal. Baby is very active now, even my husband can feel kicks, which I was surprised so soon, but they told me is a good sign.

Hope everything is well with everybody!

Had the 22 week anatomy scan this morning. Everything exactly as it should be thank god. Nugget weighs 1 pound exactly!

Hope everyone is doing OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 crystal5206

Hi,

Hi could i have link please too? 😆

Hi,

Hi Dinkie, I didn't get a pm, would you mind sending again? Thanks so much

emsie1404 wrote: »
    Hi Dinkie, I didn't get a pm, would you mind sending again? Thanks so much

Can I get the link too?

Thanks!

In this morning, all as it should be.

Missus is 27+4 but nugget is measuring at 30 weeks.

The fear she has that baba is going to have a big head like its daddy is getting more pronounced!

Hope everyone else is doing ok.

In today, 30+4, baba measuring around 33+4, could be a big one.

Consultant said there is nowt to be concerned about as this is the time a major growth spurt happens so ours is just a bit ahead of the curve, he said at this stage it's much better to be a bit on the big side than the small side.

Other than that all gravy thank god.

Rod Munch wrote:
    Other than that all gravy thank god.

Glad to hear all going well! I'm 32 +2 snd our next scan is at 34 weeks to check growth as I have a history of gestational diabetes so fingers crossed we'll be on the right track.

Anyone having great difficulty choosing names? I need some inspiration if anyone is willing to share

• Advertisement

32+4 today and all good in the hood.

In next week for the final "big" scan and 3d scan.

Advertisement