Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due April 2017!!

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 kat939

31 weeks today - feels like it's getting very close now... in for our growth scan on Friday and everything looks good, she predicted around 8lbs 8ozs at term so bit of a chunk going on;) she also showed us that baby has what looks for all the world like a mullet hairdo which has been making me giggle ever since! Hope everyone's well:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Had the final "big" scan today, got a 3d pic too which is awesome.

33+4, baba measuring around 5.5 lbs and every thing else exactly as it should be thank god.

Starting to get really real now.

Spent last weekend putting together furniture for the nursery, going to collect the car seat and travel system Saturday.

37+4, baba measuring in the 90th percentile apparently so bigger than average but nothing to be concerned about.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭sullivk

Rod Munch wrote:
    37+4, baba measuring in the 90th percentile apparently so bigger than average but nothing to be concerned about.

You're almost there, very exciting!! I'm 39 weeks tomorrow, hoping baby will just move and groove this week because I am feeling so fat and uncomfortable. Baby was measuring a week bigger than my dates at 34 weeks so not sure what to expect although my last two were 7lbs 10 and 7lbs 9.5 so hopefully the same!!
    Doctor said they'll do a sweep at my apt next week if I want. Not too keen though as I had one last time and it did nothing but cause discomfort... has anyone ever had one that actually brought on labour?
    Hope everyone is doing well x

In this morning.

Had heartbeat trace and all is normal.

Herself had an internal check done and everything is progressing, cervix is softening, bub is descending.

Consultant has said he thinks she will go naturally next week!

Due date is this Sunday.

We also got a tour around the delivery rooms etc.

Herself was feeling a bit anxious about them being very clinical so that really set her mind at ease.

Hope everyone is doing OK.

• Advertisement

We welcomed our gorgeous baby boy early on Thursday morning (1 week overdue).
    He was in a sudden great rush to get out in the end and arrived within an hour of us getting to the hospital, which was pretty lucky as I wasn't having "regular" contractions until we got there...

Hopefully home tomorrow :)
    Hope everyone is doing well x

Baby Munch arrived on 18th of April which funnily happens to be daddy's birthday!

Waters broke on 17th but nothing happened. Mrs had strep b on a previous pregnancy so she had to be hooked up to antibiotics every 4 hours.

As nothing started within 24 hours they had to induce.

Mrs had the epi after 6 hours of labouring.

Her temp then spiked so the birth was a bit rushed.

Baba was getting a bit distressed and he was facing the wrong direction so the consultant had to use the forceps to turn him and she also had an episiotomy.

Very stressful for both of us but thankfully she and he are doing well, he is two weeks tomorrow and is just awesome.

Sleeping well, doesn't cry much (so far) and is eating, pooing and peeing to bate the band.

He was 8lbs 11 at birth, in the 75th percentile for weight and the 95th for length and head size so was a bit of a whopper.

Over the moon and finding our feet!

Congratulations Rod, glad all is well now! Enjoy ☺

Advertisement