Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dishwasher salt/ loose bits

• 27-07-2016 9:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭

I see a few Plastic Pieces In Dishwasher thus morning near water exit...I wonder do you need to put salt in this machine or will the tab just do.
    What are these plastic bits for? Will I just dump them as they don't seem to affect its working
    Thks
    Paddy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

look like wheels off the trays

certainly don't dump them, they have a function

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

look like wheels off the trays

certainly don't dump them, they have a function

Yes thks I re fitted. Now I wonder should you use salt in that other "hole" ..or does that tab you can use in the door suffice ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

depends on your water, however it is prolly better to throw some in, just don't over fill or leave surplus hanging around the empty dishwasher for too long, even though its s/s the salt is pretty corrosive

are u using that other stuff that goes in the door, mind gone blank

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I use salt in my dishwasher, even though I also have 3in1 tabs. Just find cleaning more effective with the salt in too.

And also with rinse aid in the door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,498 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Whether you need salt depends on where you live, check your local authority website for water hardness. In most of Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown for example, you don't need any salt in the dishwasher. There is salt in the all-in-one tablets but not in loose dishwasher powder.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

coylemj wrote: »
    Whether you need salt depends on where you live, check your local authority website for water hardness. In most of Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown for example, you don't need any salt in the dishwasher. There is salt in the all-in-one tablets but not in loose dishwasher powder.
    Aye, water is quite hard in my area, so I guess the 3in1 tabs just don't cut it without assistance!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

I did one wash ..put in the dishwasher salt where it should go. I did notice there was quite a bit of water in that hole..I take it that's Normal?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭doolox

If you have the habit of using the dishwasher only occasionally then the salt is essential to keep the water from going stale. New dishwashers fill up a tank on the initial wash that never gets empty so that a quantity of water will be left standing in the machine between washes. Also a good idea to use dishwasher cleaner on a wash cycle in an empty dishwasher once or twice a year esp if fond of fries and you have a lot of greasy dishes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,487 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I did one wash ..put in the dishwasher salt where it should go. I did notice there was quite a bit of water in that hole..I take it that's Normal?!

Yes that's normal.

Advertisement