Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power is out - ESB working on it [power back]

Options
  • 27-07-2016 9:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭

According to their website it started 8.50 and should be fixed by 10
    https://www.esb.ie/esb-networks/powercheck/

This also affect traffic lights so take it handy when driving

Comments

10,000 customers impacted.

It would explain why the lights are out at the Tuam Rd and apple green is closed

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Positive spin only please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

snubbleste wrote: »
    Positive spin only please.

Electricity bills will be 3% cheaper this month

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Seems it's getting better
    Affected customers down from 10K to 4K
    New resolve time is 1030

• Registered Users Posts: 25,952 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Came back on where I was 10:18am.

• Advertisement

Fault is now removed from https://www.esb.ie/esb-networks/powercheck/ so all of Galway should now be restored.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Stevolende

Has there been any idea of what caused it. I think it rained last night but I didn't hear anything.
    Would have thought that an outage would only be very local, so surprised it was so widespread.
    When I rang ESB this morning to find out if there was an actual local fault the answer-machine vocal had a seemingly endless list of areas affected.

I'd just been sitting listening to music when the player clicked off and I was left wondering what had triggered my fusebox.

Did wonder fi it included traffic lights when i was hearing the list of area names.

Keep an eye on the local papers I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Was just out of the shower when the lights went off - a minute sooner and it could have been messy!

Briarhill junction was chaotic, luckily most people were courteous and took it easy and let others get out. Could have been a lot worse...

I had to ring Airtricity about something else after it came back on and asked the girl on the phone if she had heard what had caused it. She said that there was a planned outage in Loughrea today.

I'm just surprised that so much of town could go out at one time. The list of names the ESB answerphone voice went through were all on the Renmore/Briarhill/Doughiska side of town up to when I hung up the phone realising there was little point in holding on. So was it right across town or just this side?

• Advertisement

The pin in the ESB map was blue which means unplanned outage.
    I don't know any other details but suppose the Advertiser will have this info tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 25,952 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Stevolende wrote: »
    I had to ring Airtricity about something else after it came back on and asked the girl on the phone if she had heard what had caused it. She said that there was a planned outage in Loughrea today.

I'm just surprised that so much of town could go out at one time. The list of names the ESB answerphone voice went through were all on the Renmore/Briarhill/Doughiska side of town up to when I hung up the phone realising there was little point in holding on. So was it right across town or just this side?

Just the east side, AFAIK.

City centre was fine.

But Ballybane / Ballybrit indisutrial area was definitely out, and I've heard reports that Headford Rd / Ballinfoyle was also out.

We will hear whatever the PR spin decided to tell us in a day or two, I'm sure.

I noticed the absence of a story in the Galway Advertiser yesterday. Did anybody hear anything more about the cause of this blackout?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Not enough electricity.

Advertisement