Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

double dog kennels

• 27-07-2016 9:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭

Anyone know where I can a double dog kennel to do a terrier and a big german shepherd (stands 30 inches tall) and if not a double, two decent single kennels... iv never left them outside in kennels so any advice is welcome.. its only for when im at work..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

Two options - there are lots of people around MAKING kennels - look on FB, where are you located - there are pages like SELL YOUR STUFF KILDARE (change the county to yours) etc. Alternatively, get one VERY large kennel - the JRT is small enough that he will squish up happly to his bigger friend, taking up very little room. Pet shops and places like Woodies do kennels.

Just a comment, dogs who have never used a kennel, OFTEN wont ever go into/use a new kennel! There have been threads on here about people getting kennels that their dogs ignore :D Might be worth your while to see if you can borrow one to see if they will use one before investing in something expensive. Have you got a shed you could leave the door open to, and leave their beds in there? Or rig up some sort of shelter. (Ive got 3 kennels here, that were never used (got for days when they were left outside for a few hours, in case it rained!) - all have been turned into hen coops :eek:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭agent graves

Well we have moveed to a house surrounded by farms.. iv built a big enclosure so they are safe in that but like you I want one for incase it starts to rain badly and for the winter aswell.. I never thought of the one massive one.. how big would you reckon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Ms Doubtfire1

also please keep in mind lots of dogs are stolen out of kennels secured or not.
    Every breed. Just be very careful...i'd never leave my dog outside unsupervised. If you do decide you have to install a camera system with 24 hour tape somewhere it can't be disabled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

Well we have moveed to a house surrounded by farms.. iv built a big enclosure so they are safe in that but like you I want one for incase it starts to rain badly and for the winter aswell.. I never thought of the one massive one.. how big would you reckon?

If you have built a big enclosure, I would build a sheltered area at one end or corner of it. Step it up, put a bit of insulation in there, leave the front open-ish (as long as prevailing wind isnt in that direction) - I bet you would have more success with them using it, rather than a kennel - the number of unused/ignored kennels must be astronomical! If they do go into the shelter/kennel, it will be to curl up and sleep, so even for 2 dogs, it wouldnt need to be a very big area - in fact the cosier the better...

Advertisement