Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

transition question

Options
  • 27-07-2016 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

I was reading the race briefing for Belfast this weekend and it said

"Wetsuits may be removed as far as the waist during the run from the swim exit to transition"

I've never seen this specified before - is it a TI rule? I guess it makes sense not to have people getting in the way as you run up to transition.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭iAcesHigh

Never heard about it before, but I wouldn't do it any other way in general. This looks like they had some weird issues in previous races so they wanted to make it clear :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Ive seen it in other briefings alright not sure if it is a TI rule though or not. Perhaps to stop congestion on the ramp between swim and transition with people stopping to get out of it totally?

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Begs

Congestion makes sense.

Due to the distance to the T1 tent in Galway, I took mine off completely at the top of the slipway. I stepped in off the matt well out of the way to do it.

Advertisement