Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moved to Vodafone, couple of questions re cancelled Eir account.

Options
  • 27-07-2016 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭

Can you confirm my Eir account has been cancelled? Can you confirm if you will be collecting the old router?

Also, I just want to say, my speed increased by about 50% when I moved to Vodafone. Same hardware, same line etc. Not sure if this is due to them having rented set bandwidth from you with few customers in my location where as perhaps your connection is saturated.
    Just found it very surprising.
    50% increase was 2.5-3MB up to 4-4.5MB. Nothing massive but better than nothing.

Thanks,

Derek

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

d31b0y wrote: »
    Can you confirm my Eir account has been cancelled? Can you confirm if you will be collecting the old router?

Also, I just want to say, my speed increased by about 50% when I moved to Vodafone. Same hardware, same line etc. Not sure if this is due to them having rented set bandwidth from you with few customers in my location where as perhaps your connection is saturated.
    Just found it very surprising.
    50% increase was 2.5-3MB up to 4-4.5MB. Nothing massive but better than nothing.

Thanks,

Derek
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Derek,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]That's no problem, please feel free to PM me your account details and I’ll check this.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]The modem can be collected up to 14 days after cancellation; alternatively you can return it to[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]eir Returns[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]PO Box 12726[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Freepost[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Dublin 11[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

PM sent.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,284 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Sorry to hijack OP, but how was the switch to Vodafone? Were you long without internet?

I'm mulling over jumping ship now I have the chance with the price increase.

No down time at all. Just applied on the Vodafone website and they had emailed me about three days later with sign in details for their internet. Logged into the Eir router and changed the sign in details and rebooted. Was back up and running straight away. My Eir internet was working right up to the moment I rebooted the router. After reboot, I got assigned a Vodafone IP. Got my Vodafone router a day or two after that and set it up without any hassle. Just plug it in.

EDIT: I should say I was fully out of contract with Eir at this stage. Not just because of the price increase. You might have to call Eir to advise them of your intention to cancel. Not sure what the Ts & Cs are for cancelling due to the price increase.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,284 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

No down time at all. Just applied on the Vodafone website and they had emailed me about three days later with sign in details for their internet. Logged into the Eir router and changed the sign in details and rebooted. Was back up and running straight away. My Eir internet was working right up to the moment I rebooted the router. After reboot, I got assigned a Vodafone IP. Got my Vodafone router a day or two after that and set it up without any hassle. Just plug it in.

EDIT: I should say I was fully out of contract with Eir at this stage. Not just because of the price increase. You might have to call Eir to advise them of your intention to cancel. Not sure what the Ts & Cs are for cancelling due to the price increase.
    Yeah I think it will be a bit different for me if I go through with it but good to know it went through nice and quick. Thanks for that.

• Advertisement

Hi Eir, my last bill came with a 35 EUR credit. How do I go about reclaiming that? Or will it be applied back to my card automatically?

Still waiting for a response to this...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

Still waiting for a response to this...
    Hi D31b0y,

Thank you for getting in touch :)

I apologise for the delays in response. In order to get this refunded to you, you will need to contact our customer care team directly. You can contact them on 1901 and the guys will be happy to assist you. 

Kind Regards,
    Ciara

Advertisement