Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Money paid into closed landlord account

Options
  • 27-07-2016 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hello,

I have a standing order set up to pay my rent on the 18th of the month to my lettings agent's account. The account was with AIB.

The payment went through as usual this month and I thought nothing of it. Today my letting agent told me that he had sent an email on the 1st of July to me saying that he had closed the AIB account and switched to a new BOI account. I did not get this email and paid as normal.

My understanding after speaking to one of your advisors is that the payment would have bounced back into my account; as it has not I cannot pay the rent into the new account without some notion of where the 18th of July payment went.

Can you give me advice as to what I can do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

DogPawHat wrote: »
    Hello,

I have a standing order set up to pay my rent on the 18th of the month to my lettings agent's account. The account was with AIB.

The payment went through as usual this month and I thought nothing of it. Today my letting agent told me that he had sent an email on the 1st of July to me saying that he had closed the AIB account and switched to a new BOI account. I did not get this email and paid as normal.

My understanding after speaking to one of your advisors is that the payment would have bounced back into my account; as it has not I cannot pay the rent into the new account without some notion of where the 18th of July payment went.

Can you give me advice as to what I can do?
    Good Morning DogPawHat, 

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.ie, sorry to hear you have not received these funds back. Yes, these funds should have been returned to you within 5 working days. You can however request a trace of these payments by sending a message to the Online Service Desk's 'Ask A Question' option. 

We will send you a proof of payment which you can give to your landlord to locate the funds. 

Thanks, and please let us know if there's anything else we can help with. 

Evie 

• Registered Users Posts: 22 DogPawHat

Thanks for your help. I have requested the trace and will come back if i have any more questions.

Advertisement