Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kieran Moran car sales Oranmore

• 27-07-2016 11:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭

Hi anyone got any dealings with these guys good or bad ? Thinking of heading down to look at a car the weekend , can't find any info on them , thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

This the same as Kmm car sales? If so, don't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I'd say they're different.
    Kmm operates from a porto cabin next to the service garage (kevin McCann I think is his name), while Kieran Moran cars operates further out the road heading towards carnmore cross.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭JoeA3

I drive past it every day on my way to work. That particular stretch of road actually - between Claregalway and Oranmore has a plethora of small time dealers now, mostly all doing UK imports by the looks of it.

Moran's place has been there for as long as I can remember. His setup isn't exactly inviting - high steel fencing and cars parked on top of each other in a small yard. Doesn't give off great vibes... But as I said he's been there for years so he must be doing something right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭Lazybones

Have bought two cars from him in the last number of years. First one had a few issues which were sorted within warranty, actually the clutch and flywheel went just outside of warranty and he replaced them without any hassle at no cost.

As said, it's not a wood and glass showroom, its a bit rough and ready but I have found Kieran himself fair to deal with.
    He could easily have told me to get lost with the clutch and flywheel replacement, but he didnt..... which is the main reason that I dealt with him again for the second car purchase.

It goes without saying, no matter where you buy a car, do your homework and get it checked out before you buy.

He's definitely not the same as "KMM" motors anyway. I've heard some really dodgy stories about him, assuming he's even still in business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

JoeA3 wrote: »
    He's definitely not the same as "KMM" motors anyway. I've heard some really dodgy stories about him, assuming he's even still in business.

KMM seem to be gone since earlier this year. http://www.solocheck.ie/Irish-Company/Kmm-Motors-Limited-514579
    Kmm Motors Limited was set up on Wednesday the 20th of June 2012. Their current address is Co. Galway, and the company status is Dissolved with the company closing on Wednesday the 20th of April 2016. The company's current directors Theresa McGann and Kevin McGann have been the director of 1 other Irish company between them; 1 of which is now closed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭ubs69

Ok thanks for replies , talking to them today , didn't seem to helpful over the phone ,considering I'm coming from Dublin to look at a €10,000 car , no Intrest in meeting me on Saturday , seems to be no Intrested in €10000 sale !

ubs69 wrote: »
    Ok thanks for replies , talking to them today , didn't seem to helpful over the phone ,considering I'm coming from Dublin to look at a €10,000 car , no Intrest in meeting me on Saturday , seems to be no Intrested in €10000 sale !

Your timing isn't great. Galway goes into shutdown this week for the races.

Poor service regardless though, but you'll get that kinda thing from the glass palace dealers too tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Bad week to be trying to get anything done in Galway with it being Race Week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭Rob Thomas

Surprised they were not accommodating.

Kieran Moran has been dealing there for years and is a good operator. My family have bought several cars off him over the years.

His stock over the past few years seems to be UK imports and high mileage Irish cars. Nothing wrong with that if you do your homework.

KMM are not related to him at all - stay away.

• Advertisement

Looks like the recession is over , used car dealers don't need the money ! , and yeh I was thinking they might be at the races , but I'd give up an hour of my time for €10000 !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

To be fair it works the other way too. People saying they will turn up to view a car and it ends up no one turns up. That went on post Celtic Tiger too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭orm0nd

ubs69 wrote:
    Looks like the recession is over , used car dealers don't need the money ! , and yeh I was thinking they might be at the races , but I'd give up an hour of my time for €10000 !

A tad unfair comment imo he's got a right to his free time too. No doubt for every 10k sale he makes he has to entertain 50 tyre kickers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Needles73

"I'd give up an hour of my time for €10000 !"

Yes so would I for 10k....but it's not 10k , it's for a possibly maybe sale of a car which may yield max 2k, a car which may be an easy shift anyway

Ok thanks for replies , it's just seems hard to find a genuine car sales person . 2nd hand cars are a minefield , seems like there's no genuine private sellers anymore , might take a spin down and see what thee like. , thanks again folks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭Lazybones

Be sure to post back and let us know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭StonedRaider

In the past 5 years I've tried to buy from them twice. Both times they were never keen on selling. The car that I was interested in is still on the forecourt..3 months on
    Ended up buying from a dealer in Tip

• Registered Users Posts: 2 e_connery

Hi anyone got any dealings with these guys good or bad ? Thinking of heading down to look at a car the weekend , can't find any info on them , thanks

Just to.add if anyone is thinking if buying from this man , avoid , I rang him on a Wednesday afternoon and asked him to hold a car until friday morning that I would 100 percent take it which he agreed .
    He removed the car from his website as requested
    I booked friday off work and was 20 miles into my journey to his garage as I was 2 hr away
    When I rang at 915 on that morning he told me it was sold by another employee
    Bull**** dishonest trader , that could not hold a car for 1 and half days

• Registered Users Posts: 2 e_connery

Avoid , this dealer ****ed up a whole day for me
    I rang on a Wednesday evening for a car to be held which was agreed untill friday morning
    It was removed from site and I was clear I would take it
    Booked day off work and was into my 2 hr journey to him when I rang at 915 friday morning
    ..he said it was sold by another employee
    Bull**** dishonest dealer, day and half was too much too hold I guess after giving me a guarantee

Advertisement