Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2016 UK import - step by step

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Bought a CRV from SERE, no issues dealing with them whatsoever, nice bunch

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,102 ✭✭✭✭rob316

ecstatic with my purchase yesterday, a dream to drive and such a trouble free experience. Revenue must be delighted with all the vrt, ferry full of high spec BMW, audi and vw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Harcrid

rob316 wrote: »
    ecstatic with my purchase yesterday, a dream to drive and such a trouble free experience. Revenue must be delighted with all the vrt, ferry full of high spec BMW, audi and vw.

Glad you finally found one. Stick up some pics.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭mad m

irishgeo wrote: »

Got quote from guy above. 150 sterling to inspect car.

Harcrid wrote: »
    Glad you finally found one. Stick up some pics.

gladly. thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,090 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

gladly. thanks

You got your GT Spec then?

How much did it set you back after?

emmetkenny wrote: »
    You got your GT Spec then?

How much did it set you back after?

I did. car itself came to €11.2k, I'd say all in €15k in the end. first registered Dec 12, 56k miles and only ever owned by the vw group. They are going for about 18k and up for same spec and mileage so well worth the trip. It's immaculate and a real looker and the highest praise I could give the car is its every bit as good as my brothers 520d of similar age which I've driven alot.

Great fun driving it up to holyhead yesterday on sport mode up and down the mountains. rattles your bones going into the corners with the lower suspension.

I did. car itself came to €11.2k, I'd say all in €15k in the end. first registered Dec 12, 56k miles and only ever owned by the vw group. They are going for about 18k and up for same spec and mileage so well worth the trip. It's immaculate and a real looker and the highest praise I could give the car is its every bit as good as my brothers 520d of similar age which I've driven alot.

Great fun driving it up to holyhead yesterday on sport mode up and down the mountains. rattles your bones going into the corners with the lower suspension.

That's a nice saving. I'll be going over shortly now and looking forward to it. Going to bring the auld lad as well for the day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Do they still charge VRT for extras?

Thinking of removing my sd card so sat nav doesn't appear.

I got a shedload of extras in mine. Heated seats etc.

Worried ill get stung.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,241 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Do they still charge VRT for extras?

Thinking of removing my sd card so sat nav doesn't appear.

I got a shedload of extras in mine. Heated seats etc.

Worried ill get stung.

It doesn't work as simple as that, they don't go round the car looking for extras. They will be able to tell from the car's VIN.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

bazz26 wrote: »
    It doesn't work as simple as that, they don't go round the car looking for extras. They will be able to tell from the car's VIN.

Really. Didn't realise a VIN told you that?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 224 ✭✭donaldtramp

I drove my car to the camino. Would recommend it for testing any new car. Very good testing method of car strengths.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,241 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Really. Didn't realise a VIN told you that?

They have access to a database that can tell them of the car's factory spec. If the car is not on their system then they contact Revenue who in turn contact the car manufacture.

If the car is over 4 years then extras are not counted.

Have Revenue adjusted OMSP for all cars? my VRT bill just dropped nearly €400 on the enquiry site :eek:

3 days ago it was €3164 now there looking for €2789.

Happy days! :D

Have Revenue adjusted OMSP for all cars? my VRT bill just dropped nearly €400 on the enquiry site :eek:

3 days ago it was €3164 now there looking for €2789.

Happy days! :D

No change on the Passat I'm looking at. What were you checking?

Quick Q, If I was to bring in a car from North Wednesday and go online that evening to register for VRT, how long does it normally take to get appointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

mad m wrote: »
    Quick Q, If I was to bring in a car from North Wednesday and go online that evening to register for VRT, how long does it normally take to get appointment.

Anytime I've done it recently it only been about a week.

I booked an appointment for Wednesday night on Sunday, there was appointments available for Monday if I wanted them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

The car is finally on Irish plates, taxed and the NCT is booked! - I just wanted to say thanks to the OP and everyone else who's added to this thread, It was really helpful and made the whole process as painless as possible (apart from handing over the VRT)

Last photo of the 525d on UK plates!
    117_A238_E_E91_D_4697_B75_A_B2_C98_BF7_EC20.jpg

Now, to appeal the OMSP! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

The car is finally on Irish plates, taxed and the NCT is booked! - I just wanted to say thanks to the OP and everyone else who's added to this thread, It was really helpful and made the whole process as painless as possible (apart from handing over the VRT)

Absolutely beautiful, best of luck with it.

Keep us informed on your appeal please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭mel123

Was just on the VRT website, is there actually a €100 admin charge on top of VRT?

mel123 wrote: »
    Was just on the VRT website, is there actually a €100 admin charge on top of VRT?

No I think that is something to do with a vehicle you are exporting not importing.

I booked an appointment for Wednesday night on Sunday, there was appointments available for Monday if I wanted them too.

So can you pick your dates like an NCT?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,382 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

how much under OMV did you manage to bring that over for? All in?

yes mate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

Go onto the nct website, vrt section, and look.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Collecting my car this weekend hopefully. I went to the NCT website to get an idea of how long to wait for a VRT inspection and nothing available in Dublin locations till 1st March it seems. I was hoping would be able to get one for middle of next week but seems not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭mel123

chris85 wrote: »
    Collecting my car this weekend hopefully. I went to the NCT website to get an idea of how long to wait for a VRT inspection and nothing available in Dublin locations till 1st March it seems. I was hoping would be able to get one for middle of next week but seems not.

Does it really matter? Genuine question as i am doing the same too. Once you book it within 7 days, and the appointment is within 30 days, it doesnt really matter does it? Unless i am missing something. Or you just want it done and dusted?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

mel123 wrote: »

Does it really matter? Genuine question as i am doing the same too. Once you book it within 7 days, and the appointment is within 30 days, it doesnt really matter does it? Unless i am missing something. Or you just want it done and dusted?
    More just want it done and dusted really. I know I just need to book within 7 days and appointment within 30 days so within the rules.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

More just want it done and dusted really. I know I just need to book within 7 days and appointment within 30 days so within the rules.

Have you checked on centres within a reasonable distance of Dublin. I did my two on subseq dates in Arklow and enniscorthy. Also, cancellations etc come available each day. Once you have a booking you can keep moving around the date/centre.

Advertisement