Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2016 UK import - step by step

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

I'd be telling VRT that the bank refused to stamp it and see what they say. If thats the case do they require a utility bill to be stamped by Eircom or ESB? Nonsense rule.

You would be sent away to get something else then. Banks stamp them all the time. If it's an original Eircom or Esb doc you wouldn't be sent away.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭gary29428

So it gets better, got into a bank to have the statement signed so made another appointment. The latest appointment was the 30th day the vehicle was in the country. Went to get it done and they said the P60 I had to prove my PPS number was printed, now I printed it in work through our payroll system. They said it needed a company stamp for them to except it, she put all my details up and said just come back tomorrow with the stamped document and she would take payment. Did all that and was charged a "Outstanding VRT 2" payment of 107euro. Anybody any idea what that is, presume it's a charge for 24hrs over the 30days....What a shower of d**ks....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

Just to counter all the above, I went to the Nct centre with all the documents clearly requested and even took a punt on getting a draft for the amount indicated on the online query.15 mins later I was on the way home.

There is a easy way and a hard way to deal with these things.

Some man....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

michellie wrote: »

I'd be telling VRT that the bank refused to stamp it and see what they say. If thats the case do they require a utility bill to be stamped by Eircom or ESB? Nonsense rule.

You would be sent away to get something else then. Banks stamp them all the time. If it's an original Eircom or Esb doc you wouldn't be sent away.

Fair enough stamping an estatement but stamping a posted statement is absolute nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

gary29428 wrote: »
    So it gets better, got into a bank to have the statement signed so made another appointment. The latest appointment was the 30th day the vehicle was in the country. Went to get it done and they said the P60 I had to prove my PPS number was printed, now I printed it in work through our payroll system. They said it needed a company stamp for them to except it, she put all my details up and said just come back tomorrow with the stamped document and she would take payment. Did all that and was charged a "Outstanding VRT 2" payment of 107euro. Anybody any idea what that is, presume it's a charge for 24hrs over the 30days....What a shower of d**ks....

Sounds like you got someone who has taken a disliking to you and is making it as awkward as possible. Any of the last few times I was in to VRT cars with the NCT it was all with stuff I’d printed that morning. I even seen a lad write up a “receipt” for the car in front of the lady processing the paperwork, she even gave him a sheet of paper and a pen to do it !!!

I only ever had one issue where the proof of address wasn’t valid but I was able to go down the road and print a bill from online and went back with it.

Sounds like you got someone who has taken a disliking to you and is making it as awkward as possible. Any of the last few times I was in to VRT cars with the NCT it was all with stuff I’d printed that morning. I even seen a lad write up a “receipt” for the car in front of the lady processing the paperwork, she even gave him a sheet of paper and a pen to do it !!!

I only ever had one issue where the proof of address wasn’t valid but I was able to go down the road and print a bill from online and went back with it.

How long ago was it since you imported and did the vrt process?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

How long ago was it since you imported and did the vrt process?

I cleared an older car earlier in the year too, the model/spec wasn't in the list, but they agreed with a little persuasion just to call it a different model. Didn't question my "receipt" either which was made for the occasion.

Cleared it on Friday...going to appeal the 107 euro charge..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Brought in a car in March, at VRT had all home printouts, lad never blinked an eye and was out of there 10minutes later, sounds like it’s pot luck

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Hi all. A little bit of help would be appreciated here.
    So I bought a 04 vitara off Someone living in the UK.
    She was in Ireland and decided to sell the car and go travelling.
    So the car was here on the 20th of June (she has family here who she was visiting before leaving)
    I purchased the car on the 24th august.
    Next silly mistake was that the owner sent the v5c form to the DVLA and I only got it back last week.
    I have the vrt inspection on Tuesday.
    I have a copy of her ferry ticket and a letter from the owner explaining what happened and why the car was in the country for long before I purchased the vehicle

Will I be looking at extra charges?

Got charged 107 euro for being a day late a few weeks back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Ginger83

Hi guys

I bought a wheelchair accessible car up north on 27th Sept. I am exempt from VRT as a disabled driver. I am awaiting a logbook from garage where i bought, i have an invoice.

Whats my best way to proceed to reregister?

garv123 wrote: »
    Hi all. A little bit of help would be appreciated here.
    So I bought a 04 vitara off Someone living in the UK.
    She was in Ireland and decided to sell the car and go travelling.
    So the car was here on the 20th of June (she has family here who she was visiting before leaving)
    I purchased the car on the 24th august.
    Next silly mistake was that the owner sent the v5c form to the DVLA and I only got it back last week.
    I have the vrt inspection on Tuesday.
    I have a copy of her ferry ticket and a letter from the owner explaining what happened and why the car was in the country for long before I purchased the vehicle

Will I be looking at extra charges?

Yea, as soon as it goes over the 30 days. I can't imagine it will be much on a 04 Vitara though.

Ginger83 wrote: »
    Hi guys

I bought a wheelchair accessible car up north on 27th Sept. I am exempt from VRT as a disabled driver. I am awaiting a logbook from garage where i bought, i have an invoice.

Whats my best way to proceed to reregister?

You can't proceed until you have the v5 or cert of export. But apply for your exemption now anyway if you haven't already.

You can't proceed until you have the v5 or cert of export. But apply for your exemption now anyway if you haven't already.

Will the garage forward these or DVLA?

I will ring revenue to tell them i bought the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭ongarite

Had my VRT in Ballymount on Monday.
    Expected the guys there to go through the car and charge more because of the extras on the car.
    The 2 young lads there just checked chassis VIN and odometer and that was it.
    Price was as on the revenue site.
    All done and dusted in less than 20 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

ongarite wrote: »
    Expected the guys there to go through the car and charge more because of the extras on the car.
    Price news as on the revenue site.
    The VIN provides all the info on extras

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

Do you mean Greenhills? There's hardly a new NCT centre so close, is there?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭ongarite

Do you mean Greenhills? There's hardly a new NCT centre so close, is there?
    No its a stand-alone Applus VRT small office in Ballymount, not an NCT centre.
    https://www.ncts.ie/img/localmaps/maps/Ballymount.jpg

• Advertisement

Will the garage forward these or DVLA?

I will ring revenue to tell them i bought the car.

No need to ring revenue to tell them anything. Just apply for your exemption online.

The garage should have given you the V5(they're supposed to when it's being exported). If they've sent that to the DVLA you will be looking at a few weeks wait for a cert of export. Ring the DVLA tomorrow and see what your situation is.

Price was as on the revenue site.

Extras are only counted on certain makes under 2 years old, not every car.

No need to ring revenue to tell them anything. Just apply for your exemption online.

The garage should have given you the V5(they're supposed to when it's being exported). If they've sent that to the DVLA you will be looking at a few weeks wait for a cert of export. Ring the DVLA tomorrow and see what your situation is.

The garage where i bought the car told me they are waiting on a logbook for this car.

How does this work then? Do i just wait?

The garage where i bought the car told me they are waiting on a logbook for this car.

How does this work then? Do i just wait?

Did the garage give you a slip from the side of the V5 even? You need to ring the DVLA, it can take a few weeks to get a cert of export.

Definatly do not just wait-you will easily go over the 30 days and incur penalties.

Did the garage give you a slip from the side of the V5 even? You need to ring the DVLA, it can take a few weeks to get a cert of export.

Definatly do not just wait-you will easily go over the 30 days and incur penalties.

I only got an invoice. Garage said they are waiting on logbook.

Bit of an update, i picked up the V5C off the dealer today.

Oddly he kept section 9, where as section 11 is permanent export

• Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Isambard

the permanent export slip is for the registered owner to export the car himself. It makes not difference so long as you get the main body of the V5C

Isambard wrote: »
    the permanent export slip is for the registered owner to export the car himself. It makes not difference so long as you get the main body of the V5C

I got all V5C except section 9. V5C is in dealers name.

Am i good to book VRT inspection?

I got all V5C except section 9. V5C is in dealers name.

Am i good to book VRT inspection?

Yep, once it's the V5c a4 doc (don't need those slips on the side)

• Advertisement

Yep, once it's the V5c a4 doc (don't need those slips on the side)

Great stuff, thank you

Advertisement