Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rain gear

Options
  • 27-07-2016 12:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭

What's everyone's preferred rain gear for commuting ? I cycle about 25 mins each way.

I am a lady if that makes a difference! Winter is coming and its time to get something decent to deal with the inevitable wet weather.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Hi
    Personally I just have a good light waterproof jacket for keeping dry and my core warm. I find if I try to keep totally dry it's too sweaty. So I take the hit on wet legs and feet and have a shower and change when I get off the bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

I've one of these:

http://en.bicycle-line.com/catalogo/winter-cycling-clothing/man/winter-jackets-and-jerseys/winter-jacket-nordica-blue-2-12.html

Pricey but IMO well worth it. I wear a thin baselayer under it and its perfect for all weather conditions (once its below 10 degrees or so)

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭poochiem

Sportful Fiandre Light Norain jacket. Stretchy fit like a regular jersey but wind and waterproof. Very good but pricey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Hi
    Personally I just have a good light waterproof jacket for keeping dry and my core warm. I find if I try to keep totally dry it's too sweaty. So I take the hit on wet legs and feet and have a shower and change when I get off the bike.

Im the same as you I get too sweaty if I wear heavy rain gear but we don't have showers at work so I need my legs to be kept dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

A 25 minute cycle is enough to get warmed up so you're likely to sweat in any case.

Rather than trying to keep work clothes dry, try bike-specific clothes which will dry quickly at work. You don't need to shower wet legs so long as they haven't got dirty so lycra tights would work while not getting all sweaty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,538 ✭✭✭✭ted1

For rain gear , mud guards, shorts and Lught rain/wind jacket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

cdaly_ wrote: »
    A 25 minute cycle is enough to get warmed up so you're likely to sweat in any case.

Rather than trying to keep work clothes dry, try bike-specific clothes which will dry quickly at work. You don't need to shower wet legs so long as they haven't got dirty so lycra tights would work while not getting all sweaty.

Oh I do - I bring my work clothes in a pannier.

Its such a pain not to have a room to leave clothes dry at work - coworkers are not crazy about me leaving random items of clothing around the place to dry.

Advertisement