Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's on in Sligo this bank holiday weekend?

Options
  • 27-07-2016 12:41pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Myself and my boyfriend will be visiting Sligo this weekend and aside from the usual things to see (and there are many, really looking forward to it) I was wondering if there are any events, exhibitions or festivals on this weekend that you'd recommend?

We also like to do some hill walking (nothing too strenuous :P) but I think we can look those up on SligoWalks.ie.

We'll be staying near Ballymote and have a car for getting around.

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Thanks a lot, there's loads there to keep us busy :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

The Sligo festival actually looks great, hopefully the weather will be ok for the fun day on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Digiby

If you get any clear weather on Saturday you should take a hike up Knockarea for some hill climbing. Fantastic views from up on top.

There's usually a peoples market in Strandhill on a Sunday too although I'm not sure what the arrangement is on a bank holiday.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I was in Sligo last year the week before the Fleadh, when there was something on and there were fab outdoor concerts, with boneym one night.

It was a great place to visit, we thoroughly enjoyed it

dingding wrote: »
    I know, it's not looking great is it? We'll make a final decision about going this evening.
    Digiby wrote: »
    If you get any clear weather on Saturday you should take a hike up Knockarea for some hill climbing. Fantastic views from up on top.

There's usually a peoples market in Strandhill on a Sunday too although I'm not sure what the arrangement is on a bank holiday.

Knockarea looks great, thanks :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Under_Graduate

Timmy Trumpet is playing in HMV soundgarden on Sunday night.

World class deejay, and that venue is pretty much world class also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Eagles Flying have a great reptile display on the weekend and they are right near Ballymote.

Mullaghmore have a festival on, as others have said the Sligo Festival.

Strandhill People's Market is on tomorrow and Monday.

If you get a dry evening it's well worth climbing up to the caves at Keash.

Advertisement