Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Grad Accommodation UL

Options
  • 27-07-2016 12:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭

Hey

Im heading down to UL to start a professional master of education this September. Struggling a bit to find so decent post grad accommodation off campus. Most of the houses I have been in contact with that say the prefer postgrad/4th years seem to be gone.

Anybody have any advice or if you were in the same boat as me. would you be interested in joining up for something ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

You've probably tried this already, but get in contact with the Accommodation Office in UL, think the lady's name is Rose Merrigan, she should have a list of landlords in the area that rent out for the academic year. You might be lucky and find one free.

Other than that I'd say try the UL forum on here or there's also accommodation pages on Facebook if you want to try on there. Happy house hunting, its a pain!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭siobhan08

kerryked wrote: »
    You've probably tried this already, but get in contact with the Accommodation Office in UL, think the lady's name is Rose Merrigan, she should have a list of landlords in the area that rent out for the academic year. You might be lucky and find one free.

Other than that I'd say try the UL forum on here or there's also accommodation pages on Facebook if you want to try on there. Happy house hunting, its a pain!

yeah I'm going through that list at the minute but the ones that say post grad seem to be gone. I don't want to take a room in a house full of undergrads who spend all their time going out etc

Not too sure how you're fixed with a car etc but you could try closer to the city, possibly living with people working in the city, these would probably be a lot more expensive however, and you'd be better off trying to find get a place in the Quigley residence on campus.

Not too sure how you're fixed with a car etc but you could try closer to the city, possibly living with people working in the city, these would probably be a lot more expensive however, and you'd be better off trying to find get a place in the Quigley residence on campus.

yeah id have a car so that would be an option. My problem is I go out on working placement for 8 weeks at the end of February and I may not be placed in Limerick for that so don't want to got into a year lease when i wont be there for such a long time. I can't afford to wast that about on money :(

siobhan08 wrote: »
    yeah id have a car so that would be an option. My problem is I go out on working placement for 8 weeks at the end of February and I may not be placed in Limerick for that so don't want to got into a year lease when i wont be there for such a long time. I can't afford to wast that about on money :(

Oh that's probably a bit of a problem alright, and you'll be coming back after your 8 weeks on placement?

Don't really see any other option than getting a full academic year lease tbh

• Advertisement

Oh that's probably a bit of a problem alright, and you'll be coming back after your 8 weeks on placement?

Don't really see any other option than getting a full academic year lease tbh

yeah think it back for a week after the placement but could stay in a hostel/ hotel for the week would be much cheaper than paying for 8 weeks that I'm not there

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭crusha101

In terms of location curragh birin , cois ghruda and parts of milford grange would be best suited for a post grad. Stay away from college court and elm park , notorious party estates. oaklawns can be hit and miss

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭crusha101

Also if you are stuck contact Seamus noonan hes the post grad su president and would point you in the right direction

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Beakflakes

Thanks for the tips folks. I'm in the same position this year. Will be spending a few days in Limerick next week to follow up on some Daft.ie leads, and if no joy I'll contact the people (or their successors) mentioned in previous posts here.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 LauraK118

Beakflakes wrote: »
    Thanks for the tips folks. I'm in the same position this year. Will be spending a few days in Limerick next week to follow up on some Daft.ie leads, and if no joy I'll contact the people (or their successors) mentioned in previous posts here.

Hi! did you manage to find accommodation for your first year PME?
    I will be starting the PME (languages) in September and was looking for current first years that will be on placement this coming September to maybe do a house swap as its really difficult to get a house for just one semester. When the second years are on placement the first years are in college! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement