Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Chewed Door Beading

Options
  • 27-07-2016 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭

Ah jaysus - my pup managed to get access to door beading and had a good chew. Is there anything that can help to minimise the bad look?

Could I sand it down a bit and use something like stainable wood filler and then stain it to get it back to a walnut-y finish?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

Jebus, what kind of a dog do you have?!

The beading looks to be MDF which probably wouldn't sand down too well, but you could give it a try just to get rid of the bits hanging off.

You can get polyfiller in different shades, so a dark walnut one might do the trick for you. You might want a small knife to get into the corners with it alright.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

He hasn,t chewed the beading, he's chewed the glazing bar that the bead fits to.

You could plane, cut/router/sand the damaged bar down to the the bead top edge,

then plant a square piece on top to replace the damage. Or as suggested fill and sand

• Registered Users Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭Wossack

I'd wait until he's out of the chewing phase before attempting the fix - may not be the last time it gets chowed on

• Registered Users Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭dendof

He's a bernese mountain dog. I suppose these things are to be expected so just want to get it back looking less noticeable if at all possible.

Probably my best bet so would be to cut out the middle raised mdf bit. Sand around, put a piece back in, then use wood filler and possibly stain it to match rest of door OK-ish?

• Advertisement
Advertisement