Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xero bank feeds business customers

Options
  • 27-07-2016 2:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭

Does BOI have any development plans for rolling out Xero bank feeds for business customers?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

Does BOI have any development plans for rolling out Xero bank feeds for business customers?
    Good Afternoon Emmanuel Rough Medalist, 

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.ie. While we don't have any updates on when or if this will be introduced we thank you for the feedback and will pass it on to the relevant departments. 

Thanks, 
    Evie 

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

Good Afternoon Tickers, 

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.ie. While we don't have any updates on when or if this will be introduced we thank you for the feedback and will pass it on to the relevant departments. 

Thanks, 
    Evie 

Bank of Ireland do you have any update as to when this will happen?

It seems Ireland is the only country in the Western world where bank feed to cloud based accounting packages are still not available despite being available elsewhere in the world for over five years

Jambo wrote: »
    Good Afternoon Tickers, 

Thanks, 
    Evie 

It seems Ireland is the only country in the Western world where bank feed to cloud based accounting packages are still not available despite being available elsewhere in the world for over five years
    This Xero bank feed is available for 365 online customers but not business banking. My understanding is that BOI will give 365 access to limited company users provided certain conditions are met. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Jambo wrote: »
    Good Afternoon Tickers, 

Thanks, 
    Evie 

Good Afternoon Jambo,

I'm afraid we have no updates on this at the moment. If this changes in the future we will notify all customers on our Social Media channels and the group website.

Thanks again for your feedback and we will ensure to pass this onto our development team.

Elaine

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

What is the Xero URL for personal customers?

• Advertisement

Red Alert wrote: »
    What is the Xero URL for personal customers?
    Good Afternoon Red Alert,

Thanks for you post here today.

You can certainly use the 'Export to Excel' function on 365Online to export your transaction history. However, we do not support Xerox for personal or business customers on our online platforms.

If anything changes on this we will let you know here.

Thanks,
    Elaine

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

brenbrady wrote: »
    This Xero bank feed is available for 365 online customers but not business banking. My understanding is that BOI will give 365 access to limited company users provided certain conditions are met. 
    This previous post would appear to contradict this... 

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭Tow

I think the OP is confusing the CSV Export as a 'feed'.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

Good Morning Red Alert,

I'm afraid we are unable to offer support into other third party software. We would advise customers interested in this to contact them directly to check whether this would be compatible. 

Thanks,
    Elaine

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭Tow

Hi Red Alert,

Google 'PSD2', which is a EU Directive coming into enforce in 2018.  It basically requires all EU banks to open up their customers accounts to 3rd parties via APIs.

Edit Add link: https://www.evry.com/en/news/articles/psd2-the-directive-that-will-change-banking-as-we-know-it/

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Advertisement

Tow wrote: »
    I think the OP is confusing the CSV Export as a 'feed'.
    Just to clarify, bank feeds are available for BOI now. I'm using them at the moment. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi All,

Just to clarify, at present third party accountancy software cannot be used with 365 Online but you can use the export function on the Statements screen to export account activity via a CSV file. It is possible to use some software with Business On Line however, we do not provide technical support for this.

We've a recent thread here with more information on PSD2 and third party access to your online banking.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

So is it available or not? 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

So is it available or not? 

Hi godskitchen,
    Thanks for the message.
    3rd party software is not available through Bank of Ireland systems. If there is any change on this in the future we'll be sure to let our customers know here on Boards.
    Thanks again,
    Darren.

Advertisement