Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whiterock Hill Developments

Options
  • 27-07-2016 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi folks,

I'm currently in the market to buy a house and am looking at Whiterock Hill developments.

Would anyone have any knowledge/opinions on Ard Uisce/ Whitebrook/ Lus Mor in terms of quality of build, sound insulation (for semi-detached and terraced houses), anti-social behaviour or anything else of relevance?

I'd really appreciate first-hand opinions.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Dhamma

Sorry, I meant to add that's Whiterock Hill in Wexford town.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I've only ever been up there on business but it seems to be a nice enough spot with a mix of older people and younger families.Never heard of any kind of anti social behaviour up there or even a negative mention of any residents in the local press.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭Corvo

Its lovely area, absolutely no anti social behavior.

If I was to get a house in Wexford, that's where I would be heading.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭man98

Just two things to mention - you will have to drive into the town, it's too far to walk (though there is a bus). Secondly, the water supply up there has a high lime content so it means you have to replace appliances more often or buy water softening materials. I've heard plenty of complaints about that, but don't let it put you off living there - it is quite a nice place.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

man98 wrote: »
    Just two things to mention - you will have to drive into the town, it's too far to walk (though there is a bus). Secondly, the water supply up there has a high lime content so it means you have to replace appliances more often or buy water softening materials. I've heard plenty of complaints about that, but don't let it put you off living there - it is quite a nice place.

Most of Wexford Town and the hinterland has lime in the water,nothing much you can do to avoid it,Irish Water were to help in the matter but the money seemed to be given priority in paying consultants but that's for another forum.

Wexford is lucky that it has a local link bus service,it's great for anybody living in the suburbs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

man98 wrote: »

Too far to walk :eek: 20 mins tops I'd say and all downhill, get a taxi home :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭man98

vicwatson wrote: »
    Too far to walk :eek: 20 mins tops I'd say and all downhill, get a taxi home :P

It used to take me 15 minutes from Whiterock Heights alone, it'd be a good bit longer to the estates further towards Rathaspeck.
    zerks wrote: »
    Most of Wexford Town and the hinterland has lime in the water.

Some of the estates have a very high lime content which wreaked havoc with appliances, not sure what's been done about it since.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

I rented in Whitebrook for two years and while I did love the estate the water up there is the worst I've ever seen.

Some days it would come out the taps genuinely brown, absolutely disgusting.
    Wouldn't even dream of giving it to my pets never mind brushing my teeth or drinking it. Ruins appliances as well.

Was happy with everything else but it's something to bear in mind.

Advertisement