Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESB service interruption and HKC alarm reaction

Options
  • 27-07-2016 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭

While we will be abroad next month, the ESB will cut the power to our estate to facilitate the rollout of fibre network. The outage will be from 9 to 5pm. I'm just wondering about the alarm...I believe the battery should kick in and the alarm won't activate? If it did activate how long would it ring for? Can I do a battery test to be sure? The system is an 8 year old Securealarm.

If I need to leave a key with someone then I will. Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

How old is the battery?
    A new 7 amp battery should handle 8 hours no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

KoolKid wrote: »
    How old is the battery?
    A new 7 amp battery should handle 8 hours no problem.

The battery is the original one installed 8 years ago.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I'd replace it for a new 7amp one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

Thanks. Can you advise where best to purchase and is it a DIY job? I'm handy enough about the place.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 736 ✭✭✭chillin117

gebbel wrote: »
    Thanks. Can you advise where best to purchase and is it a DIY job? I'm handy enough about the place.
    It is in the control panel (probably under the stairs) You might get a ''tamper'' alarm when you open the box just enter the code at the front door. Maplins would be a good bet for the battery.

• Advertisement

Look up any of the suppliers.
    Maplins will charge you around 4 times the price they will.

Advertisement