Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multiple Questions

Options
  • 27-07-2016 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Good Afternoon. 

I recently lost my BOI card oversees, and had the old card cancelled and a new one sent to me. 

As I'm not in the country, I activated my card at an ATM machine which has VISA on it as directed. 

My card worked for online purchases and for withdrawal for a few days. 

However since last week Friday, I can no longer make online purchases or withdraw money using my card, even though there is sufficient funds in my bank account. 

Furthermore, when I try to make purchases both online and in stores, my card is declined however the money is still deducted from my account. 

Additionally, anytime I sign into 365online, it signs me out immediately I click on an option. 

Many thanks for all your help. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

tmayokun wrote: »
    Good Afternoon. 

I recently lost my BOI card oversees, and had the old card cancelled and a new one sent to me. 

As I'm not in the country, I activated my card at an ATM machine which has VISA on it as directed. 

However since last week Friday, I can no longer make online purchases or withdraw money using my card, even though there is sufficient funds in my bank account. 

Furthermore, when I try to make purchases both online and in stores, my card is declined however the money is still deducted from my account. 

Additionally, anytime I sign into 365online, it signs me out immediately I click on an option. 

Good Afternoon, 

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.ie. If you are using your new card abroad and have not placed a travel notice your card may be temporarily blocked-have you received any texts or emails? 
    You can put a notice on your account by sending a message to the Online Service Desk, I understand you cannot get on to your online account but if you are getting past the PIN page to see your balance then it would sound like the computer or laptop you are using needs to have cookies cleared/browser history deleted. 

This can cause your account to be locked out intermittently, can you try this and you should get access to your online account to add travel notice which will enable you to use your card abroad. 

Thanks,
    Evie 

• Registered Users Posts: 2 tmayokun

tmayokun wrote: »
    Good Afternoon. 

Good Afternoon, 

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.ie. If you are using your new card abroad and have not placed a travel notice your card may be temporarily blocked-have you received any texts or emails? 
    You can put a notice on your account by sending a message to the Online Service Desk, I understand you cannot get on to your online account but if you are getting past the PIN page to see your balance then it would sound like the computer or laptop you are using needs to have cookies cleared/browser history deleted. 

This can cause your account to be locked out intermittently, can you try this and you should get access to your online account to add travel notice which will enable you to use your card abroad. 

Thanks,
    Evie 
    Thank you so very much for all your help. I've put in a travel notice, which should hopefully unlock my card. Also clearing my cookies has solved my 365 online problem. 

Since I'm oversees, my Irish phone is switched off, and I also didn't get any email notifications for some reason. Unfortunately, all the purchases/withdrawals that I've attempted to make with my card since last week Friday have been deducted from my account, even though my card registers that the purchase/withdrawal was declined/unsuccessful. 

Thanking you in advance for your assistance. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Janet

Good morning tmayokun, 

Thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to hear you're having a difficult time with your card abroad. If the transactions have debited your account, these maybe 'shadow payments' and can take up to 5 days to come off your account.

If this doesn't happen, the transactions will need to be investigated. This can be done by sending an 'ask a question' query through Banking 365 Online.

Thanks
    Janette

Advertisement