Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aloe Vera

Options
  • 27-07-2016 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi there.

I have an Aloe Vera plant growing g in my house. I have noticed the tips on some of the leaves turning a red/brown colour. What could be causing this. I repotted the plant when I bought it a few months ago into a bigger pot with cactus soil. It sits in a south facing g window. Could there be too much sunlight for it?

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 marask

I dont think its the amount of sun or heat, mine got like that after winter when I watered less, but now growing new leaves, have them on south facing window and they bloom from may constantly
    I would not worry if there just tips of the older leaves and new are growing from the middle

• Registered Users Posts: 10 AndyeMaria

If it was in a shop without much sun then it could be the sun. If that is the case then it should just adjust on its own. It could also be too much water. Try watering a bit less and monitor for three weeks to see if there is an improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Hocus Focus

I think Aloe Vera likes shaded areas. We have one in the office. No direct sunlight.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,453 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Mine sits in the west facing, sunny kitchen window, no problem. The leaves going a bit yellow either suggest that it needs watering (I water it very infrequently) or the occasional leaf is dying off. It is still a healthy plant, though it needs splitting at this stage.

Advertisement