Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

8.5%

Options
  • 27-07-2016 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭

I have a dual electricity/gas account with Electric Ireland (price plan ValueReward), getting e-bills and paying by DD. Am I already getting the 8.5% loyalty discount or do I need to apply for it?

Thanks...

Michael

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi Michael,

Thank you for getting in touch.

The Electric Ireland 8.5% savings offering (for Dual Fuel, direct debit and online billing) commenced on 18th of May, so customers who already had a savings offering on their account at that point would be required to wait until the savings offering on their account expires, and then to get in touch with Electric Ireland to avail of the 8.5% offer.

This one contact with Electric Ireland is required. After that, there will be no need for renewal, as savings will remain on the account indefinitely. This new savings offering is not a contract.

If you would like us to review your account to check the expiry date of your ValueReward (the previous system, up to 17th of May) just private message us the Electric Ireland account number in question (either electricity or gas will be fine), state that you are the account-holder, and your full name, address and date of birth.

We will be able to review ASAP.

Thanks,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭MHP

Thanks for checking that for me, Una.

Looking at my last electricity bill I see "Discount(DD/eBill/Dual Fuel - Bonus 15%)".
    Is that going to drop to 8.5%?

Michael

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi MHP,

Thank you for getting back to us. You are very welcome - we are happy to help.

Your current savings of 15% are only applicable for one year. The savings of 8.5% will supersede your current savings of 15%. However, the benefit of these savings is that it will automatically apply year after year, providing the terms and conditions of the price plan (such as direct debit and online billing) are adhered to. As my colleague advised, there will be no need to contact us to renew each year apart from the initial registration for the plan.

You will need to sign up here for the new savings before your current price plan expires. We would recommend waiting until just before your current price plan ends. If you are unsure when this is due to end, we would be happy to check this for you. Please send us a private message with the details my colleague mentioned in our last post, and we will be in touch as soon as we can.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
    Aoife

________

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

The savings of 8.5% will supersede your current savings of 15%. However, the benefit of these savings is that it will automatically apply year after year,
    Thanks,
    Aoife

________
    Stick with the yearly contracts guys is my advice, and shop around for best offer
    available when your contract ends, never mind the 15% that both the OP and myself have (mine ends October) I certainly won't be signing up for an 8.5% deal when currently there is up to 23% available.

All the big hullabaloo that was made when this offer was announced as if we were all getting something extra in fact comes to nothing, unless your a lazy loyal customer and are happy with a little bit off and in return EI will give it to you every year without even having to ask. 'wow' How much is the guy who thought this one up getting, one wonders.

Couple of Questions for reps please.

1. Just had a look at EI's plans and it seems whether dual fuel or single, they are all now year by year, no contract plans. Is this correct.

2. Is this the policy going forward and you wont be offering any 'switching deals' to complete with other utilities offers,apart from this year by year and cash handout for switching.

danjo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige N

Hi danjo-xx,

Thanks for your message.

Currently all offerings with Electric Ireland are for rolling, year-on-year savings. This means customers will continue to save with Electric Ireland each year.

There are no contracts for existing customers with Electric Ireland, however those switching to Electric Ireland and availing of one of these new offerings (available to view online here) are subject to a minimum 12 month contract. 

When this contract ends, the customer will continue to receive their savings, and will not be required to contact Electric Ireland in order to renew their offering.

Electric Ireland would make customers aware should any changes occur to the savings currently available for new and existing customers. 

We hope this helps. Should you have any other questions please let us know.

Thanks,
    Brige

• Advertisement
Advertisement