Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone without phone line

Options
  • 27-07-2016 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to get a phone number connected to an office without going through the traditional channels, someone told me its possible to get one through an internet connection with a different type of router?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Bendihorse wrote: »
    Is it possible to get a phone number connected to an office without going through the traditional channels, someone told me its possible to get one through an internet connection with a different type of router?

VoIP is possible but you still need fibre for the internet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

VoIP is possible but you still need fibre for the internet

Fibre isn't a requirement. My FWA provider could give me a VoIP number (with a geographic number if I wanted) on my 3Mbps/1Mbps connection. They would need to provide me with a specific box for that service, but it is possible on most internet connections OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

VOIP is possible on a 1Mb ADSL line.

OP checkout Blueface as an example(not a recommendation) of what such products are like.

Advertisement