Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

06 Zafira B no dash lights, won't start

• 27-07-2016 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭

Hi, I've a 06 Zafira B , 1.6 petrol, no dash lights coming on at all, no ignition, no locking, boot locked closed. Radio powers on funnily enough but screen doesn't come on either.
    Tried a second fuse box as its a common fault but no joy.
    Any other ideas ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭s14driftking

Dead battery

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭jimbooth

Battery is fine, :D , no dash lights at all, even dim ones and no ignition. Taking to local lad with computer tomorrow, see if anything shows up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

jimbooth wrote: »
    Battery is fine, :D , no dash lights at all, even dim ones and no ignition. Taking to local lad with computer tomorrow, see if anything shows up.

Still could be a dead battery. If you have a multi meter check the battery. Anything near 10v is a completely knackered battery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,516 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Are the headlights working?

Battery was checked first, it's perfect, fully charged.
    The issue is an electrical fault. No lights either, local guy has a computer, doesn't charge me to plug it in :-) , he said he might know.

• Advertisement

Hi, still no joy with this. Have changed both fuseboxes as advised and all I have is radio and interior lights.

Anybody know if Roman the Russian is still operating in Limerick ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

Could it be a wire off a bus connector? Obviously main positive and negative are ok for lights and radio

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Lucifer

Disconnect the ABS unit and see will it start. Most likely fault given your symptoms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Harcrid

jimbooth wrote: »
    Anybody know if Roman the Russian is still operating in Limerick ?

He was in Dockland business park as of earlier in the year anyway. Think I have his number if you want me to PM it to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭daithi55

sorry for digging up an old thread but my wifes zafira is having the same problem today.. did you ever get your car sorted.. if so what was wrong

Advertisement