Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"Women have a right to be topless"

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Smondie wrote: »
    What's the difference? The Arse is for expelling waste and not sexual. Everyone has one.

Did you just ask what the difference was and then point out some differences?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Smondie

What's the difference? The Arse is for expelling waste and not sexual. Everyone has one.

Did you just ask what the difference was and then point out some differences?
    No I asked what's the difference between showing your Arse and your tits. both are non sexual parts of the body with other primary functions

No I asked what's the difference between showing your Arse and your tits. both are non sexual parts of the body with other primary functions

In that case let's complete that line of reasoning: What's the difference betwen showing your arse and your hands?

In that case let's complete that line of reasoning: What's the difference betwen showing your arse and your hands?
    Exactly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Story Bud?

This guy got 3minths for mooning a garda because there were Spanish students nearby. There is no reason this lady shouldn't be looking at the same sentence.

HOME BREAKING NEWS IRELAND
    Man who mooned garda jailed for three months
    http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/man-who-mooned-gardai-jailed-for-three-months-747015.html

Heh

His Solicitor is called Buttimer.

• Advertisement

This guy got 3minths for mooning a garda because there were Spanish students nearby. There is no reason this lady shouldn't be looking at the same sentence.

HOME BREAKING NEWS IRELAND
    Man who mooned garda jailed for three months
    http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/man-who-mooned-gardai-jailed-for-three-months-747015.html
    Exactly!

Genuinely confused now that we've closed the loop. Are you suggesting that there's no reason we shouldn't face 3 month jail sentences for exposing our hands?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,922 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

If the sentence was imposed in isolation then it would be overturned on appeal. The judge must of taken the previous convictions in consideration.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,536 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

He was charged with " engaging in threatening, abusive or insulting words". the lady who was topless was not charged with being threatening or abusive. that is the difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,647 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

As much as I commend this woman's right to protest to be topless I'm just wondering did Knockanstockan festival actually approve this woman's decision to go topless as they haven't said anything as yet. If this woman plans on going to other events with other members of 'Free the Nipple' wouldn't authorities just withdraw festival licences. This could be detrimental to the very existence of small festivals in Ireland, what next a mass topless parade at Electric Picnic.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Arcade_Tryer

what next a mass topless parade at Electric Picnic.
    One can hope.

• Advertisement

Anyone see the whole big brother drama where the lady showed her breasts to the other. who is in the right there? The Muslim lady had no right to be offended? Or the other lady should have kept her breasts to herself?

Anyone see the whole big brother drama where the lady showed her breasts to the other. who is in the right there? The Muslim lady had no right to be offended? Or the other lady should have kept her breasts to herself?

Eh, everyone has the right to be offended. And everyone else has a right to not give a sh*t. If I call someone a minge biscuit they can be as offenses as they like about it, but the Guards aren't going to be knocking on my door over it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Giacomo McGubbin

Eh, everyone has the right to be offended. And everyone else has a right to not give a sh*t. If I call someone a minge biscuit they can be as offenses as they like about it, but the Guards aren't going to be knocking on my door over it.

Try it in the workplace though.

They do indeed. But it can be telling about the person doing the offending. You support the breast lady shoving her breasts at the other. Fair enough, i find it very rude and lacking basic manners.

Advertisement