Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Car rear-ended. Insurer wants to write off, offers paltry amount

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭Sono

Patww79 wrote: »

So in other words the insurance companies are the reason behind all the fraud cases, OK then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

They certainly contribute. If someone drives for years, has no claims and still sees the usual extortionate rises every year then I wouldn't blame them if they got it back if the opportunity arose.

That's the attitude that people have and that's why claims are high.

I would absolutely blame them, its scummy behavior.

The banks are responsible for us having to pay the universal social charge, would it be acceptable for someone to rob a bank if the opportunity arose?

Of course not, making bogus claims is stealing from insurers but that's OK.

:confused:

When people hear "fraudulent claims" they automatically associate it with people staging accidents.

The most common fraudulent claims are people that are in genuine accidents but feign or exaggerate their injuries. Add that to a limp wristed judiciary and money grubbing parasitic solicitor's and you end up with spiraling claims costs and as a result spiralling premiums.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

If your solicitor spent over a year arguing the legality & validity of the settlement offer, perhaps it was not worth what you thought it was

it wasnt my valuation, it was the prices to replace it with same model, i even offered to settle if they could show me one for sale for the amount they offered and they couldn't find any

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

Skatedude wrote: »
    it wasnt my valuation, it was the prices to replace it with same model, i even offered to settle if they could show me one for sale for the amount they offered and they couldn't find any

But my point is you said you had a solicitor working on your behalf. If, after a year he was not able to achieve that, he is either very bad at his job or the insurance company were right in their offer to you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 803 ✭✭✭jcon1913

They did the same witth me

But my point is you said you had a solicitor working on your behalf. If, after a year he was not able to achieve that, he is either very bad at his job or the insurance company were right in their offer to you

Try it yourself, Google bmw e32 for sale and see what prices you get, mine was a mint 93 740 and they offered 500 euros at first and ended up taking 2900 which would be about half of what you need to get another one.

So a criminal activity is almost justified? Would you go way outta that ffs, ridiculous

• Advertisement

What the public are doing to each other is actually criminal yet it goes unpunished but let's blame insurance companies, that's easier.

The majority of insurance companies in Ireland are making a loss, not a profit. Thank the judges, solicitors and greedy people that get huge payouts.

Try it yourself, Google bmw e32 for sale and see what prices you get, mine was a mint 93 740 and they offered 500 euros at first and ended up taking 2900 which would be about half of what you need to get another one.

You're not listening to me. Why didn't your solicitor ensure you were properly compensated by the 3rd party for your loss? Was it his first day on the job?

You're not listening to me. Why didn't your solicitor ensure you were properly compensated by the 3rd party for your loss? Was it his first day on the job?

There is no way for me to know that? If i did, i might have been able to get my car sorted. They are a no win no fee company that first ireland recommended

I think one issue was that there wasn't a single bmw e32 740 for sale anywhere in ireland for months afterwards, hard to price like for like if there isn't one. Rare cars are hard to value if they arn't in the blue book?

But i think the main reason is probably because i wouldn't go after them for injury compensation so not enough money to be made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭elastico

Weepsie wrote: »
    Yet arseholes with mystery whiplash injuries get thousands.

You have inadvertently told yourself what to do there.

Go to your solicitor. You have suffered "trauma" as a result of this, can't sleep, worry and stress.

Might be able to get you an extra few thousand €€€.

Sadly that's the insurance has gone. Once you have any case at all go for the max. No point being nice about it, think about how much you have paid each year, you are only asking for a portion of it back.

• Advertisement

elastico wrote: »
    Once you have any case at all go for the max. No point being nice about it, think about how much you have paid each year, you are only asking for a portion of it back.

And you see absolutely no link whatsoever between your statement and the cost of your insurance????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,504 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Sono wrote: »
    What the public are doing to each other is actually criminal yet it goes unpunished but let's blame insurance companies, that's easier.

It does appear abit mad though that the first thing the insurers do when a genuine person is the victim in an accident is try to screw them on their car value.
    I can see how many a law abiding person is pushed towards claiming injuries.

Advertisement