Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attack on horses in Wicklow

Options
  • 27-07-2016 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭

Just saw this on The Journal. Absolutely horrific and worrying. We really need to keep an eye on our stock:
    GARDAÍ ARE INVESTIGATING two recent attacks on horses in Co Wicklow.
    In two separate incidents, a number of horses were left with wounds to their body after they were attacked with what is believed to be an axe or a weapon of a similar nature.
    The first incident occurred in the early hours of Saturday, 16 July, when a horse was left with horrific injuries including a hole in its back.

Two days later, another horse was attacked in the same area in a similar fashion.
    Although it is not known if the incidents are related, gardaí believe they could be.
    Sarah Shepperd, who owns the horse that was attacked on 16 July, said she was left shocked and saddened by the incident.
    It’s just so scary. You know, we all read about these things but never in a million year did I ever think it would happen to me or anyone else around here.
    “It is such a beautiful, peaceful area but you don’t actually know what goes on around you at night.
    “I’m at the stage now where I don’t feel safe walking out to the field. If you can do that to a horse I couldn’t imagine what they could do to a person.”
    horses
    It is understood that the horses are expected to live but their owners will now face significant veterinary bills.
    Gardaí in Ashford are investigating the circumstances surrounding the two attacks and have appealed for anyone with information to contact them on 04 04 49220.

http://www.thejournal.ie/horse-attack-wicklow-2898754-Jul2016/?utm_source=facebook_shortWarning:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

That's absolutely bizzare. Why attack random horses in the field with an axe? It's such as odd combination. I wouldn't like to meet whoever it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭Panrich

sup_dude wrote: »
    That's absolutely bizzare. Why attack random horses in the field with an axe? It's such as odd combination. I wouldn't like to meet whoever it is.

I would.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Panrich wrote:
    I would.

Someone running around at night with an axe, intent on doing harm? No thanks. It's a nice idea of confronting them but being honest with myself, I'd just end up hurt or dead.
    I think Gardai and cameras, or kept the horses in at night will be much more effective.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,513 ✭✭✭✭fits

I have friends from the past who keep horses in Ashford, hope it wasn't theirs. :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Panrich wrote: »
    I would.
    Yup, with a lunge whip for starters.

• Advertisement
Advertisement