Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Real Rewards

Options
  • 27-07-2016 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

any details on how the new changes will work.

Powering rewards is now EI Rewards.

€10 off your E1 bill, vouchers.

I was told by a staff member in Supervalu today that they will no longer be issuing these vouchers to customers anymore.

Instead they are going to be posted out to customers, 3 times a year.

Can you confirm is this is correct and are there any other changes to expect.

cheers,

danjo

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi danjo-xx,

Thank you for your post.

We are currently liaising with the Electric Ireland Rewards team, and we will be in touch as soon as we can.

Please let us know if any other questions in the meantime.

Thanks,
    Aoife

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

Hi danjo-xx,

Thank you for your post.

We are currently liaising with the Electric Ireland Rewards team, and we will be in touch as soon as we can.

Please let us know if any other questions in the meantime.

Thanks,
    Aoife
    Hi Aoife,
    I have the same question as danjo!! Supervalu have stoppped issuing the 5% vouchers which we could use for shopping or off the Electric Ireland bill.  What happens now.  Where do we get the Voucher number.  My local SuperValu is not able to answer this.  They are advertising this offer in conjunction with ELECTRIC IRELAND & nothing about the VOUCHER. Thank you. 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

I'm having the same problem. Is there any update on this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige N

Hi all,

Thank you for getting in touch.

We have looked into this matter with our Electric Ireland Rewards team, and can advise that the offer of €10 off your Electric Ireland bill is still available through SuperValu.

Instead of the vouchers issuing automatically when customers reach a certain number of points, SuperValu are now running a money-back scheme. Customers can now accumulate points and then choose how to use them.

If a customer would like an Electric Ireland voucher, this is available for 500 points. Should customers choose to use the 500 points in store, they can avail of €5 off their in-store purchase.

If your store is saying that they no longer issue the vouchers we would recommend contacting the RealRewards helpdesk, they can further advise on how SuperValu are now issuing these vouchers. Their email is help@realrewards.ie or they can be contacted by phone on 0818 220 088.

We hope this helps. Should you have any other questions please let us know.

Thanks,
    Brige

________

Thank you Brige.  I will enquire with my local SuperValu what they are doing. 
    I have been using my voucher against my Electric Ireland bill. 
    Great help many thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige N

Hi hillbloom,

You're very welcome.

Should you have any other questions or queries regarding Electric Ireland please don't hesitate to contact us, we're happy to help.

Thanks,
    Brige

________

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭caviardreams

hillbloom and sunbeam just wondering if you found out from supervalu what is happening? I am experiencing the same (not getting vouchers as before)

I asked a Supervalu staff member on the checkouts, who sent me to talk to a guy stacking the shelves. He went off to talk to a manager, came back and handed me a pre-printed 10 euro Electric Ireland voucher. I didn't have the time to take it any further but my receipt wasn't taken and as far as I can see none of my points were deducted for this. I suppose when I get another five hundred points I'll ask again and see if they have sorted anything more formal out.

sunbeam wrote: »
    I asked a Supervalu staff member on the checkouts, who sent me to talk to a guy stacking the shelves. He went off to talk to a manager, came back and handed me a pre-printed 10 euro Electric Ireland voucher. I didn't have the time to take it any further but my receipt wasn't taken and as far as I can see none of my points were deducted for this. I suppose when I get another five hundred points I'll ask again and see if they have sorted anything more formal out.
    Thanks sunbeam!

The information on the Electric Ireland website regarding Real Rewards FAQ s is out of date.  It says about the 5% voucher which is no longer been issued.  My local SuperValu d'ont know anything about the new system.  I already have 500 Real Rewards & I d'ont want to miss out on my next Electric Ireland bill.

Electric Ireland & SuperValu need to get together about this!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭_John C

This is a right mess. Nobody knows whats going on. Ive got over 800 points and cant get a voucher. I asked at my local SuperValu, 3 different staff members had 3 different answers!!!!

1. We are not issuing anymore Electric Ireland Vouchers. The Electric Ireland Voucher thing is finished.

2. They will post out the vouchers to you when you reach over 500 points.

3. You must login to your real rewards account and when you fill in your details they will deduct 500 points and issue you with a voucher number online.

Come on lads, how hard can it be to sort this out.???????

There's still no way that I can see to request one online and they are most certainly not being given out at the tills anymore. If they just posted them out automatically once you reached 500 points then how would anyone be able to save points for the money off vouchers that we are now supposed to be receiving at certain times per year based on our points? In any case I haven't been posted one out automatically.

I'm grateful that I actually got one but it seems a bit ridiculous to have to go and find the store manager in order to do so.

I asked a staff member also (as I now have over 900 points!) and they said they are not doing them anymore.
    It would be great if there was some clarity around this and what the process for getting a voucher is. If they are only being posted out a few times per year it is going to make it very difficult to use one for every bill/every 60 days which was a great advantage and one of the reasons I have stuck with electric ireland for my electricity to be honest.

Thanks guys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

I have over 800 points. I got this email from the Real Rewards helpdesk which helps a bit I think but really more details should be available by now. I suppose it will all be explained in the first of the 3 mailings p.a. first due for Christmas.
    Good Morning danjo-xx

Thank you for your email

We have enhanced Real Rewards to ensure it’s simple to use and offers rewards that are relevant to you and your family. For every €1 you spend in store you will receive 1 Real Reward point. 3 times during the year we will turn your points into money back vouchers and they will be send to your by email or post. The first set fo vouchers will be send out to you for Christmas.

At any time during the year you can cash in 500 points to redeem your € 10 of your Electric bill.

That's the issue really,  there seems to be no way to actually cash in your points for the vouchers.

I e-mailed help at Real Rewards & got a reply in 18 minutes.

My query was the Electric Ireland Vouchers.
    You can redeem 500 points from your account to get the 10Euro off your electricity bill. 
    To avail of this offer you must ask IN-STORE to redeem your points & they will give you an Electric Ireland voucher with the code on it & they will deduct the 500 points from your account.

It stated three times a year there will be vouchers sent out to the value of your points.  The first set of vouchers will be sent in time for Christmas.

SuperValu staff don't have a clue whats going on!!

Then it does sound like we have to go find a manager every time, unless they work out some way for the checkout staff to do this. :(

It would really be so much easier if we could just request the vouchers online.

Then it does sound like we have to go find a manager every time, unless they work out some way for the checkout staff to do this. :(

I reckon that is what will happen, no more in-store vouchers, rewards points posted or emailed out to us, then its up to us how we redeem them, against some product or as credit against our EI accounts. Something like that.

Reckon on line system to cope with the changes has not been set up yet.

I reckon that is what will happen, no more in-store vouchers, rewards points posted or emailed out to us, then its up to us how we redeem them, against some product or against our EI accounts.

Reckon their on line system to cope with the changes has not been set up yet.

Shame the reps here have not been told in advance how the new changes will work in practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭_John C

The system was fine all along and worked great. Now it seems nobody can get vouchers.

Is there a number I can ring to get my electric ireland account credited by €10 every 60 days untill you sort it out? You can take my points at a later date when you figure it all out.

I dont see why we , the customers should have to lose out through no fault of our own. The €10 voucher was a big enough factor involved when I decided to stick with you as my electricity supplier.

Can we please have some clarity on this issue?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Stroke Politics

Either Supervalu or Electiric Ireland  are making something very simple very complicated.

I'll be going to Tesco and Bord Gais Energy if this is not longer available....

Either Supervalu or Electiric Ireland  are making something very simple very complicated.

I'll be going to Tesco and Bord Gais Energy if this is not longer available....
    I inquired in my local SuperValu & the lady knows nothing about the Electric Ireland vouchers. 

I have an e-mail from 'help @ Real Rewards' and it says "you can redeem 500 points from your account to get the 10e off your electricity bill.
    To avail of this offer you must ask instore to redeem your points & they will give you  a voucher with the code on it"
    Whats wrong at all between Electric Ireland & SuperValu.
    Could Electric Ireland please get some proper info to SuperValu.
    Our points are mounting up & we need to get a voucher in for our electricity bill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi all,

We wish to reassure you that Electric Ireland’s offer of €10, through points accumulated with SuperValu, is still available. Please ask for these vouchers at the till in your local store as they are not generated automatically. We sincerely regret any inconvenience.

Any questions with regard to the Real Rewards and SuperValu policies would need to be directed to SuperValu. Their email address is help@realrewards.ie or they can be called 0818 220 088.

We can also confirm that we are about to unveil exciting new offers in partnership with SuperValu.

Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any other questions in relation to Electric Ireland Rewards.

Thanks,
    Aoife

________

Advertisement