Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving kitchen electricals to the other side of the room

Options
  • 27-07-2016 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭

Planning on moving the kitchen around to the opposite side of the room. Obviously electrics and plumbing have to be moved also. Plumbing is straight forward so I'm told so wondering about the electrical side. The distance is around 3 metres and will be moving oven supply, fridge and dishwasher sockets and switches, adding 1 double socket ( 2 already on the new side ), a new hob circuit and making safe the old stuff if applicable.
    Also adding cabinet lighting and perhaps 2 extra ceiling fittings for flush spotlights.

I'm curious to see what might be involved before I get it priced in terms of how the cables might be run, under the floor or above the ceiling ?

Any idea of a rough cost I might expect? Electrical trip box is around 8 metres from the new area.

Advertisement