Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Olympic Road Race - 6th August 2016 Rio

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

Martyn Irvince saying Nico feeding Dan ...so maybe not riding for himself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

any thing else said about Froomes potentially illegal move when trying to rejoin the pack earlier?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Just came back myself also
    Not everyone has that channel :(
    Assuming no Irish in the swimming currently being shown (as it seems), could RTE not show cycling on the broadcast chnnel?

200 on UPC and 578 on Sky if that helps you at all

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

MPFGLB wrote: »
    Martyn Irvince saying Nico feeding Dan ...so maybe not riding for himself

Nico has a bottle in his back pocket, as we speak

any thing else said about Froomes potentially illegal move when trying to rejoin the pack earlier?

No, not until you brought it up.

• Advertisement

Smiled to myself when the camera showed him getting back on after a comfort break was hoping for some karma for the one from the TdF, think he may have changed bike there too though no?

Great seeing this ad free on news now though the lack of a permanent time graphic on screen is really annoying, but thats not RTEs fault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Still very early to say, but Dan looks to have good legs today.

Froome and Valverde won't be looking forward to him attacking.

It'll all come down to timing now but hopefully he picks a good spot to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

200 on UPC and 578 on Sky if that helps you at all
    Thanks, but afraid I'm a throwback with just basic UPC! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

Eamonnator wrote: »
    No, not until you brought it up.

they mentioned on the rte coverage that:

17:28
    Cycling: Seems to be a growing consensus that Froome's move to get back to the pack was dodgy.

That was my reason for asking as I missed most of the earlier racing, I'm watching the coverage now, but thought I might have missed something said about it based on that comment.

source:
    http://www.rte.ie/sport/olympics/2016/0806/807386-rio-olympics-day-1-live-tracker-blog-team-ireland/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Smiled to myself when the camera showed him getting back on after a comfort break was hoping for some karma for the one from the TdF, think he may have changed bike there too though no?

Great seeing this ad free on news now though the lack of a permanent time graphic on screen is really annoying, but thats not RTEs fault.

Froome did a pre-planned bike change before drafting back on :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭MediaMan

The BBC commentators made a big deal about it at the time. Said they were surprised that the Comms didn't ping them for it. Very unpatriotic of them. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

they mentioned on the rte coverage that:

17:28
    Cycling: Seems to be a growing consensus that Froome's move to get back to the pack was dodgy.

That was my reason for asking as I missed most of the earlier racing, I'm watching the coverage now, but thought I might have missed something said about it based on that comment.

source:
    http://www.rte.ie/sport/olympics/2016/0806/807386-rio-olympics-day-1-live-tracker-blog-team-ireland/

Thanks for that link - hadn't occurred to me to me that RTE might have something useful online (good to have lists and updates for all Irish competitors in one place) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭omri

Select group and pedigree, the keywords on RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

What did Froome do? I missed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭NiallBoo

omri wrote: »
    Select group and pedigree, the keywords on RTE.

Are they selling dog food?

Chivito550 wrote: »
    What did Froome do? I missed it.

He stopped for a pee, bike change and musette.
    Then got a tow behind team car back to the peloton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭JK.BMC

Eamonnator wrote: »
    You're not going to be far off the mark.

'50km to go and only 45 riders left going in the Olympic Mens Road Race'

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Dan and Nico have done great so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Same as Eurosport UK lads, BBC is a British station so I wouldn't expect anything else really than for them to concentrate on the British team.

Exactly!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

That fcukin' eejit of a spectator!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

WTF are the crowd doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

What a fecking gonk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

missed it, what exactly did he do?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Ran in front of the chase group

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Ran in front of a Belgian rider to pour water on his head. Got a good shove for it.

Anyone know what numbers are the irish lads?

What happened? I didn't have a draft back to my telly after my wee break there :pac:

Ran in front of a Belgian rider to pour water on his head. Got a good shove for it.

47 and 48

Think 47 for Dan and 48 for Nico?

Edit corrected based on post above

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

Superb performance by Kwiatkowski, though with that kind of form, has he thrown away a great chance of medalling by being out all day?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

Lads, you can tune the bbc Olympic channels in manually on Sky. The road race is on Olympic channel 1.

Here are the frequencies
    http://www.a516digital.com/p/bbc-satellite-frequency-information.html

And they are HD

Advertisement