Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Mirror- Netflix [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15 Weekly_Top_40

Great news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Great news.

when? as early as next week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

http://www.theverge.com/2015/9/25/9397087/netflix-black-mirror-season-3

Black Mirror season 3 to get 12 episodes. That's twice as many episodes as it has had to date. Can't wait for this.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Hope there won't be a dip in quality.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,167 ✭✭✭✭briany

12 episodes is good news on the face of things. It's got a fairly good cult following stateside, but Brooker's basically being asked to write 4 series worth, and I get the impression that he really puts everything into those scripts, so it'll be a tall order. Maybe he'll have to employ a writing team, break it into a Twilight zone format or a half hour per episode. Netflix is without breaks (right?) so that's more time to fill as well. Just a thought. Not being negative, but quantity's only worth getting excited about when you can be sure that quality will remain high.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Pink Lemons

http://www.theverge.com/2015/9/25/9397087/netflix-black-mirror-season-3

Black Mirror season 3 to get 12 episodes. That's twice as many episodes as it has had to date. Can't wait for this.

Best news I've heard in a long time! I can't remember how many times I've watched the original episodes, was worried it would be a run of three again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Pink Lemons

briany wrote: »
    12 episodes is good news on the face of things. It's got a fairly good cult following stateside, but Brooker's basically being asked to write 4 series worth, and I get the impression that he really puts everything into those scripts, so it'll be a tall order. Maybe he'll have to employ a writing team, break it into a Twilight zone format or a half hour per episode. Netflix is without breaks (right?) so that's more time to fill as well. Just a thought. Not being negative, but quantity's only worth getting excited about when you can be sure that quality will remain high.

I would imagine he'll get some other people in to write some of the episodes, The History of You episode was written by the guy who did Peep Show afaik.

Black Mirror premieres October 21

I can't wait to see Brooker's Netflix's version with the free licence they give their filmmakers to make the shows they want.
    The next installment of anthology series Black Mirror premieres globally October 21 at 12:01 AM PT. Its third season, comprised of six episodes, includes San Junipero featuring Gugu Mbatha-Raw and Mackenzie Davis in an episode directed by Owen Harris; Shut Up and Dance with Jerome Flynn and Alex Lawther in an episode directed by James Watkins; Nosedive featuring Bryce Dallas Howard, Alice Eve and James Norton in an episode directed by Joe Wright; Men Against Fire starring Michael Kelly, Malachi Kirby and Madeline Brewer in an episode directed by Jakob Verbruggen; Hated in the Nation featuring Kelly MacDonald in an episode directed by James Hawes; and Wyatt Russell and Hannah John-Kamen starring in Playtest, an episode directed by Dan Trachtenberg. The series is created and written by Charlie Brooker, and executive produced by Brooker and Annabel Jones

http://deadline.com/2016/07/black-mirror-one-day-at-a-time-premiere-dates-netflix-tca-1201793425/

You say "the kind of show they want", but I haven't heard anything about Channel 4 being demanding with regards to their content. I reckon we'll see more darker themes and, likely, violence/gore, which many 'flix shows oft have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

You dont think a show that aired on a UK network depicting the British PM "porkin"sic a pig was given free reign already !!

Bigger budget , access to better actors I could agree with but if anything being made with American money , the reigns will be tightened compared to Channel 4

To fair Channel 4 have never been afraid to push the boundaries of television on the UK.

Budget wise and talent wise with Netflix's backing should open up a lot more for Brooker to work with compared to the what he had in the UK is probably more along the lines in what I meant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

Well that was a nothing trailer. Looking forward to the new series though, Charlie Brooker is an excellent writer. Would love if he wrote a big budget sci-fi movie, the stories in Black mirror are some of the best sci-fi stuff i've ever seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

If this TV show was a person, I would lock it up in my basement and tell it to put the lotion in the bucket

• Registered Users Posts: 7,001 ✭✭✭conorhal

You say "the kind of show they want", but I haven't heard anything about Channel 4 being demanding with regards to their content. I reckon we'll see more darker themes and, likely, violence/gore, which many 'flix shows oft have.

I can't imagine C4 were in any way creatively interfering or censoring Brooker, otherwise that (as it turns out prophetic) 'PM fukks a pig to save a princess' episode would never have seen air.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,289 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

I still can't believe I'd never even heard of Black Mirror until very recently happening upon a piece about the new episodes coming on Netflix.

"The entire history of you" was the first one I watched and it still my favorite, just stunning television. Binge-watched them all over a weekend then of course. Now I am counting the days til the 21st :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Amazingfun wrote: »
    I still can't believe I'd never even heard of Black Mirror until very recently happening upon a piece about the new episodes coming on Netflix.

"The entire history of you" was the first one I watched and it still my favorite, just stunning television. Binge-watched them all over a weekend then of course. Now I am counting the days til the 21st :)

It's a great show - might have to give a few of the episodes a re-watch before the new ones drop.

Trailer dropped.

• Advertisement

Very. Very. Very interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Really great trailer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,045 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I watched this show about 2 months ago and it's terrific. I'd imagine it's one of those rare shows where everybody's favorite episode is different.

Shame there is so few eps but season 3 extended to 6 is good news

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Just got renewed for Season 4 to be released about the same time next year...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,289 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,013 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Bump.. new episodes now available..

Watched the first 3 episodes and I'm exhausted cause they are so intense and thought provoking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,013 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Unearthly wrote: »
    Watched the first 3 episodes and I'm exhausted cause they are so intense and thought provoking
    Only watched the first episode so far.. but it was very enjoyable!

Anyone else twig James Norton (of Happy Valley fame) playing her brother?

Episode 3
    throughout the episode I thought it was daft that Kenny was doing all this stuff to stop the video. After all its a lesser of 2 evils to get slagged over **** instead of jail for armed robbery but I didn't see the paedophilia twist coming. Stuff like him being friendly to the kid at the start and being overly protective of his laptop were not things I registered as important at first. I also realised I was routing for him all episode till the end. Fecking twists :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Watching episode 1 now. Great so far, though the exact premise was done in an episode of Community; totally distracting!

Advertisement