Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Mirror- Netflix [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Going to watch the last 2 tonight.

Thought episode 1 was the weakest, Ep. 2 genuinely spooked me out as I'd know why he fears it so much, 3 wasn't bad but the twist won me over as I didn't see it coming, that was cleverly done, and Ep.4 was different from others, killer soundtrack as others said.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Anybody know the back story, or if there is one, to the song that's repeated in a good few episodes? It's sang in 15 million merits and a line here and there is repeated in other episodes.

Original

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭PhilipsR

Just finished the final season there. Honestly some of the best TV I've ever watched. The twists at the end of some of the episodes were incredible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Only just now got around to finishing the 3rd Season. Surprised that some people have lumped Hated In The Nation (03x06) as one of the weaker episodes of the season, because for me it was second to best after San Junipero (03x04).

On reflection, I'd actually throw Nosedive (03x01) in there in 3rd place, just marginally ahead of Shut Up and Dance(03x03), both of which I still very much enjoyed.

While I enjoyed Playtest (03x02), it's one I wouldn't be overly eager to watch again, unlike the ones I've previously mentioned, which I imagine I'll give multiple viewing in the years to come. I do agree with the general consensus that Men Against Fire (03x05) was the weakest of the season (and if memory serves the entire series, but it is awhile since I've seen the first 2 seasons).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭sporina

late getting onto Black Mirror - Just watched Shut up and dance from season 3 -OMG.... i could be disturbed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

sporina wrote: »
    late getting onto Black Mirror - Just watched Shut up and dance from season 3 -OMG.... i could be disturbed
    Great episode, but if you are new to it then you're in for a treat with 1st 2 seasons. So many even better episodes in them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭sporina

Stevecw wrote: »
    Great episode, but if you are new to it then you're in for a treat with 1st 2 seasons. So many even better episodes in them.

i watched the first two seasons - really loved a few of them - I didn't take a mental note of the names of them though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,126 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

just watched Shut up and dance.....wow

• Registered Users Posts: 23 NellyJelly

Just finished watching these. Playtest was scary af. Loved San Junipero. That was the nicest of them all. **** up and dance was so confusing/disturbing. More excellent TV from Brooker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

Six new episodes coming soon - can't wait!!

https://twitter.com/blackmirror/status/901044440118300673

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Yes!
    San Junipero is one of the best episodes of anything I've ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭neirbloom

anna080 wrote: »
    Yes!

Yea San Juipero is a great episode, we even get a bit a pixies "Something Against You" their most underrated song. Only episode I wasn't so keen on was Men Against Fire the fifth episode which followed San Junipero.

Jodie Fosters is supposedly directing the first episode of the 4th season.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,948 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Yes!

Watched it again Saturday night it's a fantastic standalone episode, it stands up to multiple viewings and great performances from the two leads. Plus it helps that I was in my teens in the 80's so love the soundtrack.
    In second place would be Shut up and dance with that killer twist at the end!

Watched it again Saturday night it's a fantastic standalone episode, it stands up to multiple viewings and great performances from the two leads. Plus it helps that I was in my teens in the 80's so love the soundtrack.
    In second place would be Shut up and dance with that killer twist at the end!

Yea the soundtrack was amazing. Right up my street. I just found the whole thing really moving, I actually blubbed at the end. Shut up and Dance would be my second fav also. Loved White Bear too.

Yea the soundtrack was amazing. Right up my street. I just found the whole thing really moving, I actually blubbed at the end. Shut up and Dance would be my second fav also. Loved White Bear too.

Yeah I still get dust in my eye (ahem) in the hospital ceremony scene (you know the one) I like the episode "be right back" anonther nice story

Btw Anna if you enjoy a good auld cry and a film that has some passing similarities with San Junipero (time travel, romance) then seek out "Somewhere in Time" starring the late great Christopher Reeves and Jane Seymour, you will be an emotional wreak after watching it.

Btw Anna if you enjoy a good auld cry and a film that has some passing similarities with San Junipero (time travel, romance) then seek out "Somewhere in Time" starring the late great Christopher Reeves and Jane Seymour, you will be an emotional wreak after watching it.

Thank you! I will :)

YES! San Junipero won two emmys last night! Well deserved for one of the finest pieces of TV I've seen in a long time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭quintana76

San Junipero just won an Emmy. More than well deserved .
    Brilliant television. One of the best episodes of anything I have seen in years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,014 ✭✭✭✭Basq

^ Yep, glad to see Charlie Brooker is getting the international acclaim he deserves.

Been a fan of him since the TVGoHome days and I recommend his books wholeheartedly (although they are just a compilation of articles he's written), they're excellent!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭corkie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,029 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Surprised they didn't mention that Jodie Foster directed that first episode. Ido wonder about that man who says he's 2,000 years old ... :eek:

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭server down

bnt wrote: »
    Surprised they didn't mention that Jodie Foster directed that first episode. Ido wonder about that man who says he's 2,000 years old ... :eek:

Probably a figure of speech. This seems to be about an implant that tracks (and maybe controls?) a child

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,493 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

^ Could be a promo for an episode each day leading up to a release date..

Basq wrote: »

That will be a lot of episodes

That will be a lot of episodes
    No, I mean.. there's 6 episodes so a promo for all 6 new episodes before revealing the release date.

No, I mean.. there's 6 episodes so a promo for all 6 new episodes before revealing the release date.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Keeping audiences in perpetual suspense leading them to go mental sounds like a potential plotline for the next series!

Advertisement