Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Mirror- Netflix [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

It’s already rehashed a lot of its own (admittedly brilliant) ideas. I think it might need an influx of new writers to keep it at a good level.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

It’s already rehashed a lot of its own (admittedly brilliant) ideas. I think it might need an influx of new writers to keep it at a good level.
    Wouldn't be a bad idea. It would be a shame to see it get too formulaic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

For some reason I didn't watch Black Mirror back in the day on C4 and don't have Netflix at the moment so it's passed me by.

Stuck for something to watch last night I decided to see what the first couple of episodes of season 1 were like. Very cool. If it's all uphill from here, I have a lot of great TV ahead of me it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Mentioned already, But Philip K. Dick's: Electric Dreams Season 2 started on channel 4. Worth the watch if you like Black Mirror you would like it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,493 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I enjoyed Metalhead a good deal. Thought of Predator rather than The Terminator. Haven't watched Black Museum yet.

Only copped on that I've never seen the White Christmas episode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,013 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Oh, do.. it's excellent!

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

Now I have to go back and watch White Christmas again...

Back museum is very enjoyable.
    I enjoyed Metalhead a good deal. Thought of Predator rather than The Terminator. Haven't watched Black Museum yet.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,493 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

And I found Black Museum rather dull, unfortunately. A shame because I thought the R&D guy was rather convincing and had some decent screen presence.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Just watched season 4, both USS Callisar and hang the DJ were 10/10 episodes, up there with white bear, white Christmas, San junipero and 15m merits. Black museum was also brilliant.

On the other hand Metalhead and Crocodile are the 2 worst episodes of the entire show, im baffled as to how anybody could give either of these more than 1/10, both had central characters that were hard to care about. Arkangel was also quite poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

This must be coming up soon again, any rumours about another season in the offing.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement

Last I read was an article indicating it was "rumoured" this month..

.. but giving Netflix have unveiled their December line-up and it's not there.. i'm not sure.

They have been announcing release dates very close to airing in recent months, so we might get an announcement late this month / new year.

Don't know how legitimate this is but..

0-NXPNG.png

Just saw this now, news about launch of Season 5 from yesterday. https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/black-mirror-leak-reveals-season-13670712

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,045 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Seems like they are going for the controlled leaks way to advertise the upcoming film.

Bandersnatch 28th December, and it's most likely the interactive film.

I wish they'd just reveal official details instead of this drip feed way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Could be alright, he was good in Sherlock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,839 ✭✭✭SteM

The trailer for this is up now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XM0xWpBYlNM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭corkie

SteM wrote: »
    The trailer for this is up now

Edited your post to show the clip in thread! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

Yay, another year on, Netflix has given me a new month's free trial in time for new BM :D

(I'll remember this fondly if there comes a suitable time for me to continue/reinitiate a subscription :))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

In the intro when it explains the multiple choice thing, no options appea for me. iPad 3, up to date app

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭allym

Just checked on my iPhone and I’m the same, no options. She’s getting increasingly angry that I’m not choosing one :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Jesus they couldn't playtest that on two of the most popular streaming devices?

Interesting entertaining concept but I kept getting frustrated that they made you go back and undo choices. Much more fun when you make a choice and have to stick with it

In the intro when it explains the multiple choice thing, no options appea for me. iPad 3, up to date app
    The film itself worked fine, though one dead character reappeared without explanation going back to a branch after his death. One of the branches was funny. The rest a bit meh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

Unearthly wrote: »
    Interesting entertaining concept but I kept getting frustrated that they made you go back and undo choices.

Isn't that the point though? You only have the illusion of being in control.

Isn't that the point though? You only have the illusion of being in control.

Yes but the execution in practice doesn't make it flow well

I think it would work better with a short movie, with the ability to skip forward through content, but an ending is the end. Shorter but wider, with the different choices revealing more angles of the same story, not fundamentally changing the entire context.

Old text adventure games have evolved into Interactive fiction and some of them make great use of the medium to tell stories.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,912 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

I really enjoyed it, I think I went through all the endings.

It would not work on my nvidia shield, so watched it on my LG smart TV instead. Can see people will be annoyed who won't have this option

• Advertisement

Wouldn't work on my Panasonic smart tv, so used the ps4 instead

Advertisement