Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Mirror- Netflix [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,358 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Watched it last night - interesting concept but the episode itself was only ok. I've enjoyed other episodes of BM far more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Stefan was right not to trust that pr1ck of a father, if only his fellow policemen had been as suspectful in Line of Duty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ozmo

qwabercd wrote: »
    Stefan was right not to trust Father.

Dunno- I thought that in each timeline Stefan could be just delusional... the safe thing was unwound as a dream and the dad didnt seem to understand the accusations when confronted - he never admitted it anyway- no?

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Where is the episode? Logged into netflix on the SmartTV all I see is a 2 minute trailer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

It was nowhere near 90mins for me either. Good idea but only a once off for me. More Black mirror please, did like the notes to previous episodes throughout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,045 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Where is the episode? Logged into netflix on the SmartTV all I see is a 2 minute trailer!

It's not supported on your Netflix app. Do you have a console? Might need to use a laptop or phone (That isn't Apple or windows) otherwise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Kalyke

Its working on my Smart TV, including options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

RasTa wrote: »
    It was nowhere near 90mins for me either. Good idea but only a once off for me. More Black mirror please, did like the notes to previous episodes throughout.

where were the notes???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

mrmorgan wrote: »
    where were the notes???

Nods!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ozmo

Nods!

Did anyone notice the shape of front of the house they live in..

The windows and doors are unusually positioned and make the Glyph shape.

“Roll it back”

• Advertisement

Kalyke wrote: »
    Its working on my Smart TV, including options.

Do you have the thumbs up thumbs down version of the app or the stars for rating on series? Bet that's what it is. My TV reverted back to the old version of the app there a while ago.

Cheers will try it on the xbox or browser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

Nods!

didnt notice anything ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

Think I'm in the "Meh" camp re my overall experience of this

An article here on the making - bit long, though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

mrmorgan wrote: »
    didnt notice anything ha

The hospital was called Saint Juniper's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Any self respecting stoner should have Tangerine Dream's Phaedra in their music collection, delighted to hear some of the music in this new episode. I got a bit fed up with the multiple choice thing, as I selected the first one and it froze so I had to refresh the page, so I just let it play through. Well mess about with the longer edition when I get back to Ireland.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

It's a great idea and was very well made but the constant looping back to repeat decisions felt like it defeated the purpose.

Fair play for trying something different but I would have just preferred another few 45 minute episodes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,948 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Any self respecting stoner should have Tangerine Dream's Phaedra in their music collection, delighted to hear some of the music in this new episode. I got a bit fed up with the multiple choice thing, as I selected the first one and it froze so I had to refresh the page, so I just let it play through. Well mess about with the longer edition when I get back to Ireland.

Great soundtrack obligatory Spotify playlist https://open.spotify.com/playlist/7uAUInQomxIWcJnuStMp6X?si=S6Vei3lAR4-cxh2NVJmpqA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭ads20101

Just watched it...

took me back to when I read those multi-ending fantasy books that were all the rage in the 80's

But... crikey, you'd want to be off the smokes before watching this IMHO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

What episodes were referenced in the episode? I only saw the white bear symbol, and the robot dog from the black and white episode, anything else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Has anyone watched it with just the default choices?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,045 ✭✭✭Unearthly

wakka12 wrote: »
    What episodes were referenced in the episode? I only saw the white bear symbol, and the robot dog from the black and white episode, anything else?

Nosedive the episode with Bryce Dallas is a computer game in the episode.

On the news ticker bar at the bottom it says Space Fleet (USS Callister) reunites at the Emmys.

San Junipero named after the place he goes to therapy

I'm fairly sure the news channel is the same one used in multiple episodes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

It's not a look at dark effects of technology on society. It's a mediocre supernatural story/funny metafiction story/silly conspiracy thriller - with a gimmick.

Shouldn't be a black mirror special, as it's not in line with the theme of the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

I enjoyed it and got a good three hours out of it. After I got to my first credits ending it seemed to let me back in and just rewind to explore different paths.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Dante7 wrote: »
    I enjoyed it and got a good three hours out of it. After I got to my first credits ending it seemed to let me back in and just rewind to explore different paths.

That’s the way to do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Dante7 wrote: »

I was getting tired and chose a way I knew would end (
    going with mum on train
    ) but I thought it would rewind back. Credits rolled and I sort of felt relieved for Stefan to be honest cause any of the choices I made seemed to end up sending him to bad places! :D

If I go back to watch the credits will I be able to play around to watch some of the other options?

(
    I picked “Netflix” first on computer, enjoyed that interaction!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Drumpot wrote: »
    I was getting tired and chose a way I knew would end (
    going with mum on train
    ) but I thought it would rewind back. Credits rolled and I sort of felt relieved for Stefan to be honest cause any of the choices I made seemed to end up sending him to bad places! :D

If I go back to watch the credits will I be able to play around to watch some of the other options?

(
    I picked “Netflix” first on computer, enjoyed that interaction!

For me after the train ending there was another ending, even more meta. And I could rewind but maybe you exhausted all possibilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Got 2.5/5.
    Honestly overall I found it boring. After the first half an hour found the whole repeating intro thing got annoying & going through certain scenes going to the therapist/Stefan asking who's there/open the safe scenes just too many times.
    Some games try a similar thing with branching story paths as this tried and honestly do it much better. Not sure if it's something I'd ever like to see become a thing.
    Big issue I had is that you make your choice and you have to wait for the timer to run out regardless of how fast you make your decision. Slows the pace down a lot, they save this by skipping some repeating scenes but it's a pretty blatant oversight imo.

Feck it got the phone number wrong (dodgy mouse)
    Lead me down me the NETFLIX path eventually ending to credits
    . Plenty of re-playability in it though, interesting! Think I would rather a traditional non-interactive episode, the work that has gone into it is pretty spectacular :)

I will say if the time allowed for decisions actually kicking in was shorter it would have made it more immersive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

Presumably the interactive feature complicates pirating content, but amazon can copy it and combine it with voice Alexa's voice recognition. That could be fun... maybe you could name characters and things like that.

Advertisement