Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Mirror- Netflix [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I thought the concept was clever, the illusion of choice. But the storyline could have been better. I found myself losing patience with it after a while.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 428 ✭✭JohnCreedon81

Terrible. I just wanted to forward through it. Pure and utter gimmick and a terribly flawed version of this gimmick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Terrible. I just wanted to forward through it. Pure and utter gimmick and a terribly flawed version of this gimmick.

Taste is subjective. The fact that you have waited this long to watch it suggests that you are not a real Black Mirror fan. If you didn't like it, that's fine, but that's just your opinion. I enjoyed it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 428 ✭✭JohnCreedon81

Dante7 wrote: »
    Taste is subjective. The fact that you have waited this long to watch it suggests that you are not a real Black Mirror fan. If you didn't like it, that's fine, but that's just your opinion. I enjoyed it.

Haha, ah I see, I can discount your opinion straight away so seeing as you are a “real Black Mirror fan” :pac:

Congrats on enjoying it, and thanks for confirming my opinion as an opinion :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

So hopefully there will be some more episodes, hopefully straight play through ones too.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Arcsurvivor

I looked at the decisions and thought it was a nice experiment, but could have been done differently.

Were the characters compelling? Did users actually care about the other outcomes? Meh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,266 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I'm pretty sure some of the pathway we took through Bandersnatch deviated from that flowchart, don't ask me to remember them all though, we were on it for almost 2 hours before we got end-credits!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ozmo

Sleepy wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure some of the pathway we took through Bandersnatch deviated from that flowchart, don't ask me to remember them all though, we were on it for almost 2 hours before we got end-credits!

Yeah - I noticed a few, minor differences, to the flow chart...

1. When you flush or bin the medicine - If you Flush, Colin disappears to Amsterdam and someone else delivers the tape - but if you Bin them, Colin is in the office later and gives you the tape himself - I dont see the logic in this choice, but its what happens - Cannot remember but I think it affected if Colin is jailed at the end also.

2. I don't think you cannot get to the credits without "Follow Colin" at the clinic, as he gives you the password to use later. Not mentioned in flow chart.

3. The "Dial Tone" mentioned in the flow chart is actually Spectrum game - anyone who has had to endure tape loads will recognise the distinctive tones :)

Otherwise - I think its pretty accurate.

“Roll it back”

Oh - it was clever to embedded messages throughout the film you would require later - I miss-typed the phone number the first time and you don't get to replay that section so had to replay the whole film again (in fast forward) to see that ending - only to discover
    it made No difference :mad:

“Roll it back”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

It was an intriguing concept and to be fair, done about as well as something like that could be? But....I found myself getting tired and frustrated with it, appreciate the new take but can't see it becoming any sort of standard outside of a popular and successful once-off novelty.

As a once-off, and for trying something new - top marks. As a Black Mirror episode, and with that in mind - yeah, I'd have to say close to top marks as well.

But I'd not be hoping for it to become a regular thing in any format.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,013 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Watched it this evening and got two separate endings..

Stefan gets rabbit and goes on train, dying in Dr's office
    Modern day woman is designing the Netflix Bandersnatch and you have the same option to.destroy computer etc.

Both had end credits so can only assume they were endings.

Fun innovative idea but that's about it.. Charlie Brooker has said he won't do another.

Roll on Season 5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Basq wrote: »
    Watched it this evening and got two separate endings..

Stefan gets rabbit and goes on train, dying in Dr's office
    Modern day woman is designing the Netflix Bandersnatch and you have the same option to.destroy computer etc.

Both had end credits so can only assume they were endings.

Fun innovative idea but that's about it.. Charlie Brooker has said he won't do another.

Roll on Season 5.

They were the two pretty definitive endings imho. I rewound and got some more paths. I enjoyed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,299 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Dante7 wrote: »
    They were the two pretty definitive endings imho. I rewound and got some more paths. I enjoyed it.
    I think i saw 5 in total? Pretty easy to go through them all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

I’m just looking forward to choosing the Tomita Bermuda Triangle album! Haven’t watched it yet...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,491 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

It was an intriguing concept and to be fair, done about as well as something like that could be? But....I found myself getting tired and frustrated with it, appreciate the new take but can't see it becoming any sort of standard outside of a popular and successful once-off novelty.

As a once-off, and for trying something new - top marks. As a Black Mirror episode, and with that in mind - yeah, I'd have to say close to top marks as well.

But I'd not be hoping for it to become a regular thing in any format.

Yeh, have to agree there T. It was enjoyable while I was "playing", but after a while I felt like I was getting tired of the looping nature of it.

I got to the
    girl programmer recreating the game today
    and considered the thing done.

We had a look here in our house at Minecraft story mode - this interactive movie seems like your choices lead to even bigger changes in the story

I had to gave up though because I kept thinking if maybe a different choice would lead to a more interesting story line...

And the movie is so long it would be some task to play out all the options.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Woo hoo! new Black Mirror episodes coming up, more Season 5 episodes coming out on 5th June. :)

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/on-demand/2019-05-15/black-mirror-season-5-release-date-netflix-cast-plot-spoilers-details/

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,045 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Lovely stuff :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,045 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Just saw it's only 3 episodes. In 2 minds about that, disappointed it's only 3 episodes but hopefully the quality is high similar to the channel 4 days

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭FFred

Can. Not. Wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

God the caliber of actors they have is really ramping up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

God the caliber of actors they have is really ramping up

Good to see Andrew Scott in the first episode, he's a great actor.

Hmm, not too sure about Miley Cyrus. Time will tell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Loved the music in that ad :) Gave me goosebumps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭FFred

Extended trailer for first three episodes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,912 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

This should be out sometime tonight, or the morning. Looking forward to it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

Boom! That was unexpected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,912 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Watched Strinking Vipers there. Bit, amm, strange. But a good episode!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,598 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

I'm nonplussed about the first episode
    Didn't seem like a normal Black Mirror episode but it's definitely a strange twist but a bit melodramatic, less about tech and more about relationships
    Hmmm...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,598 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Episode 2 - this is not Black Mirror
    Social commentary on what everyone already knows - felt more like a subplot for a story that needed some technology angle for it. Pretty sure I've seen a movie with the same backstory.
    Lots of rave reviews from what must be absolute fanboi's saying what an amazing thriller - no it wasn't, pretty average acting and story and Andrew Scott has done very similar acting in Sherlock

God I hope episode 3 is better.

Advertisement