Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017 World Tour transfer rumours (and facts)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Trev De rev

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

How long has Roche signed for?

I wonder was there a falling out at Sky? Not riding Tour probably confirmed hai exit

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I wonder was there a falling out at Sky? Not riding Tour probably confirmed his exit

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

godtabh wrote: »

I wonder was there a falling out at Sky? Not riding Tour probably confirmed his exit

BMC don't say how long contracts are for.
    Something that is a policy of theirs for some reason..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

Its a one year contract ...nothing to do with Roche but BMC may have issues re sponsor after 2017

No falling out at SKY for Nico but I guess he realised that there are no opportunites ...everything for Froome at that team...even the one week stage races...and Roche still ambitious which is a good thing

Think he signed for SKY to imprive which I think he has and becasue great friend Porte was there ...Porte probably a big part in him going ot BMC where he wil be looking for Ardennes and Vuelta leadership and play a role for Porte at the Tour

Only problem is now he may not get a Vuelta spot for SKY or if he does he will get no freedom...Afterall he has said the reason he is joining BMC is for more attacking racing ...kind of mud in the eye for SKY who are contanstly accused of non entertaining/non aggressive racing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

Ryder Hesjedal retires at end of 2016

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭neris

• Advertisement

Caleb Ewan be Oricas main sprinter then. Any word on where Degonkolbs heading to or he staying at Giant?

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Oymyakon

neris wrote: »
    Caleb Ewan be Oricas main sprinter then. Any word on where Degonkolbs heading to or he staying at Giant?

I heard he was going to Trek

• Registered Users Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Denglekob going to Trek.

On the same subject.............I dont think there has been a FORMAL announcement on Contadors move, 4 days into the "window".....? I wonder if there is a hitch?

He is racing now. Maybe he wants to concentrate on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

^a huge loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

Maybe like Dan Martin at Garmin, Tony'd gone a bit stale at EQS. Seemed to me a waste how he'd not broadened as a rider to be competing in things like Paris Roubaix to win well before now.

pelevin wrote: »
    Maybe like Dan Martin at Garmin, Tony'd gone a bit stale at EQS. Seemed to me a waste how he'd not broadened as a rider to be competing in things like Paris Roubaix to win well before now.

Not to mention the going off the boil a bit on TTs after he had looked set to really dominate these.

• Advertisement

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    Not to mention the going off the boil a bit on TTs after he had looked set to really dominate these.

Is that down to the work he has to do for team?

Is that down to the work he has to do for team?

It would be hard to grasp that they sacrificed his clear superiorty in that discipline for the team when they don't do GC rides and only have a certain amount of sprint stages to ride on. Doesn't make sense. He has been their GC rider on several one week races.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

Valverde in shock move for next season:

20160820_172102-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭dragratchet

he'll be battling for selection, we've a lot of strong all-rounders these days :pac:
    Valverde in shock move for next season:

20160820_172102-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 30,573 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Very interesting article on a bidding war happening for riders with ranking points at the foot of the UCI table for teams scrambling to avoid being dumped down to Continental status:
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/rider-prices-rise-as-teams-reach-panic-over-worldtour-points/

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Very interesting article on a bidding war happening for riders with ranking points at the foot of the UCI table for teams scrambling to avoid being dumped down to Continental status:
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/rider-prices-rise-as-teams-reach-panic-over-worldtour-points/

Will Cummings winning the ToB move the needle at all for Dimension Data?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,573 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Inquitus wrote: »
    Will Cummings winning the ToB move the needle at all for Dimension Data?

I thought that too but it looks like ToB is on the UCI Europe Tour rather than UCI World Tour... I'm assuming the points don't transfer over so wouldn't help keep a team on the World Tour?

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,337 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Ellisonde is signing for sky, apparently. They are a bit short on mountain domestiques...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

So the points a team accumulate over the course of a season mean nothing if some of their riders go to other teams. I guess that's just the way it is but seems brutally unfair

• Advertisement

I thought that too but it looks like ToB is on the UCI Europe Tour rather than UCI World Tour... I'm assuming the points don't transfer over so wouldn't help keep a team on the World Tour?

Sure they will be certs for wildcards for all races anyway with the way they ride.

Advertisement