Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

getting flyers made ?low cost

Options
  • 28-07-2016 12:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭

Hi guys ,hoping to get some flyers made soon, can anyone recommend any tips on getting them done , I'm hoping to have them advertised in tourist flyer boxes and hotels

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Jonny303

Pay to get them designed. You will be surprised how cheap it is, and unless you are very good on photoshop etc they just wont look finished....learnt this after a lot of struggles.

After many years I have finally learnt that it is better to pay someone for what they are good at so you can concentrate on what you are good at

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

Jonny303 wrote: »
    Pay to get them designed. You will be surprised how cheap it is, and unless you are very good on photoshop etc they just wont look finished....learnt this after a lot of struggles.

After many years I have finally learnt that it is better to pay someone for what they are good at so you can concentrate on what you are good at

Correct. I run a print shop, and we spend a huge amount of time fixing artwork from people that have decided to design themselves. We bill for that time (if it's going to take a while), so much better off putting the money into designing it properly from the get go. If it's done correctly from the start, then it's much easier to change in the future, or resize to landscape, for social media etc.

Very rare we'd come across a self made flyer that would look as good as having a designer spend some time on it, and even then it's a slog explaining some of the technical aspects. You don't have to spend a fortune either as poster above said.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Web Graphic Designer

Agree, for every additional Designer or design hour you could probably expect up to a ten-fold increase in full read-through, confidence and ultimately 'calls to action'.

Received a flyer from a local election candidate last year, that appeared to be designed last-minute by one of her 'primary school attending offspring' using ms word for the 1st time (optical kerning enhancement, rich black, avoiding 80gsm show-through, proportional x-height leading and visual hierarchy - really wasn't such a priority).

Needless to say if she couldn't represent herself professionally, she would most likely be unable to represent me properly. Thus didn't receive a vote as would normally of done.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Patrick Derrymore

I used onlineprinters.ie recently with slowest payment option by IBAN and only took 10 working days to delivery 1000 A6 economy flyers for 11.54 euro total bargain for glossy colour flyers and with caution you need to know how to centre design and have some techie know how to upload a design on onlineprinters but for price if you have tech know how they beat all competitors hands down

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

I used onlineprinters.ie recently with slowest payment option by IBAN and only took 10 working days to delivery 1000 A6 economy flyers for 11.54 euro total bargain for glossy colour flyers and with caution you need to know how to centre design and have some techie know how to upload a design on onlineprinters but for price if you have tech know how they beat all competitors hands down

The €11.54 include delivery?
    Is it this product?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Patrick Derrymore

yes thats the product with 5 euro discount subscribing to newsletter brought to grand total of 11.54 euro very good quality glossy paper too well worth it will be getting more done ,
    Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭size5

With regard design I have used Canva.com and then uploaded to online printers.ie. Bear in mind my leaflets were pretty basic so only needed basic design so Canva.com was perfect. If you don't see pictures you want there you can download from photo depository.com up load to canvas and design leaflet from there

Advertisement