Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanted: Sim-free Android phone deal....

Options
  • 28-07-2016 9:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭

Looking to replace my htc desire 510 (I think that's what it is!) as its useless.

Budget would be 200 (might stretch to 250). Looking for Android only (cant stand apple), screen size 5'' or above, decent camera, 32gb storage +, and good battery life.

Anyone able to point me in the direction of a deal matching the above criteria?

Cheers. :D

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5768244/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7COffice%2C+PCs+and+phones%7C19805493/c_2/3%7Ccat_19805493%7CMobile+phones%7C14419095.htm

Got that one as an upgrade on my 3rd Gen Motorola and am well pleased with it. It meets all your criteria bar the 32GB internal storage. Your not going to do any better at that pricepoint.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭MBSnr

terrydel wrote: »
    Looking to replace my htc desire 510 (I think that's what it is!) as its useless.

Budget would be 200 (might stretch to 250). Looking for Android only (cant stand apple), screen size 5'' or above, decent camera, 32gb storage +, and good battery life.

Anyone able to point me in the direction of a deal matching the above criteria?

Cheers. :D

No idea on the phone but it's a good price. Read a few reviews.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057627931

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Lenovo k5 vibe available for less than £99 today on Amazon.co.uk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

Are Lenovo any use? Until reading this I didn't know they made phones.
    I have a laptop from them (ultrabook) and its a bit of a letdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭KrakityJones

You won't go far wrong with the vodafone smart ultra 6 + an unlock code (might need a microsd card for extra storage but they are cheap) to make it work for any network. It's €180 on vodafone store but you might get it cheaper in uk. Either way it's within budget and a cracker of a phone - plenty of other share my view I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Can this be moved to the requests forum?

degsie wrote: »
    Can this be moved to the requests forum?

Apologies for posting in the wrong area.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭JakeBell

Apologies for posting in the wrong area.
    Are you really Terry? :P You and all your answers from the much busier forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭ifeelstupid

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Original-Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-3-Pro-Snapdragon-650-Hexa-Core-5-5-3GB-RAM-32GB-ROM/342812_32597684693.html

I ordered this on Monday, it's already cleared and with the courier in UK, should probably have it by Monday. Was recommended to me on another forum €194 including case and screen protector

only my opinion on those suggested.

moto x and nexus 5 >>> v. good but not worth the paying so much more than the others.
    wileyfox >>>> my niece has one and its a cracker. Its an english co. so if theres a problem it should be sorted quick and amazon have a great rep.
    Lenovo >>> spec looks good. I had a tablet of them and it felt "cheap"
    vodafone >>> the missus has one and i wouldn't recommend it over others on here.
    xiami >>> great spec. probably what i'd get. How long is delivery and if theres a problem you're dealing with a co. in china.

if you want to up the budget get a 1+3

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Sync

Xiaomi is probably the best phone for the money as donegal. said - I really don't think much of that vodafone smart phone, the camera is poor and it's really clunky.

Sync wrote: »
    Xiaomi is probably the best phone for the money as donegal. said - I really don't think much of that vodafone smart phone, the camera is poor and it's really clunky.

Whats the risk of getting done for Customs tax with the xiaomi?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

Higher end of your budget, but I love my Oneplus X (I downgraded from oneplus one). They might be out of stock on their website but i'm sure they're for sale elsewhere online.
    https://oneplus.net/ie/x

Zero as far as I am aware if you buy from the link I posted. Select DHL shipping and its all cleared by the time it gets to you. €194 included the additional charge for DHL

Zero as far as I am aware if you buy from the link I posted. Select DHL shipping and its all cleared by the time it gets to you. €194 included the additional charge for DHL

Cheers. Its a little confusing that page!

The table about shipping down below says DHL - Custom Duty & VAT - Yes' wheras EU Express says 'Custom Duty & VAT - Definitely No'.

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

What is a Storm and Swift?

• Advertisement

Cheers. Its a little confusing that page!

The table about shipping down below says DHL - Custom Duty & VAT - Yes' wheras EU Express says 'Custom Duty & VAT - Definitely No'.

This is a copy of the details on my one since it was sent out for delivery - looks like it was cleared in the UK. Waiting for tracking number for UK to here now but expect to probably have it on Monday

Thursday, July 28, 2016 Location Time Pieces
    14 Delivered - Signed for by : DING TAKELEY 11:42
    3 Pieces
    13 With delivery courier GATWICK - UK 09:21
    3 Pieces
    12 Arrived at Delivery Facility in GATWICK - UK GATWICK - UK 07:50
    3 Pieces
    11 Departed Facility in EAST MIDLANDS - UK EAST MIDLANDS - UK 05:34
    3 Pieces
    10 Processed at EAST MIDLANDS - UK EAST MIDLANDS - UK 05:12
    3 Pieces
    9 Clearance processing complete at EAST MIDLANDS - UK EAST MIDLANDS - UK 04:10
    3 Pieces
    8 Arrived at Sort Facility EAST MIDLANDS - UK EAST MIDLANDS - UK 03:46
    3 Pieces
    7 Customs status updated EAST MIDLANDS - UK 01:58
    6 Departed Facility in LEIPZIG - GERMANY LEIPZIG - GERMANY 02:31
    3 Pieces
    5 Transferred through LEIPZIG - GERMANY LEIPZIG - GERMANY 02:31
    3 Pieces
    Wednesday, July 27, 2016 Location Time Pieces
    4 Departed Facility in HONG KONG - HONG KONG HONG KONG - HONG KONG 17:24
    3 Pieces
    3 Processed at HONG KONG - HONG KONG HONG KONG - HONG KONG 17:13
    3 Pieces
    2 Arrived at Sort Facility HONG KONG - HONG KONG HONG KONG - HONG KONG 15:39
    3 Pieces
    1 Shipment picked up HONG KONG - HONG KONG 13:16
    3 Pieces

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Metalrobe

One plus x is a great phone for the money. Includes case and screen protector as well

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

http://www.honorbuy.com/28-eu-direct

Ships from the EU,no customs.

This is in Argos: http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5234792.htm?_$ja=tsid%3A30390%7Cprd%3A8088783

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Bravobabe

Hi

Getting a replacement phone for someone and the LG Nexus at argos looked liked the perfect match - but none in stock (at least I couldn't find any)
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/p...Cprd%3A8088783

Anybody see it anywhere else?

Bravobabe wrote: »
    Hi

Getting a replacement phone for someone and the LG Nexus at argos looked liked the perfect match - but none in stock (at least I couldn't find any)

used grade A,like new £105

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Bravobabe wrote: »
    Hi

Can be ordered for collection on the site now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Bravobabe

zerks wrote: »
    Can be ordered for collection on the site now.

Thanks

Currently only available in Carlow - a little too far away
    (unfortunately - I don't thing they have a stock swap system where they deliver it to another store for collection)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

foggy_lad wrote: »

Had a k3 note,no problems,once jail broke,got rid of Chinese bloatware,reverted back to windows eventually,but a nice big,clear,phone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

foggy_lad wrote: »

Had a k3 note,no problems,once jail broke,got rid of Chinese bloatware,reverted back to windows eventually,but a nice big,clear,phone

Advertisement