Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost for combi boiler installation and other work

Options
  • 28-07-2016 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭

I need to replace my existing gas boiler and am looking to install a combi boiler so we can remove our hot press to create more space.

House is a 4 bedroom semi, boiler on ground floor and hot press upstairs, pipework is in good condition

What should I be budgeting to
    • remove current boiler
    • install combi boiler and controls
    • remove hot water tank and any associated pipe work + electricals.
    • Is there any other potential costs/issues I should consider?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Best to ring 3 installers and get the quotes. It's a straight forward price that they may be able to give over the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭mortimer33

I need to replace my existing gas boiler and am looking to install a combi boiler so we can remove our hot press to create more space.

House is a 4 bedroom semi, boiler on ground floor and hot press upstairs, pipework is in good condition

What should I be budgeting to
    • remove current boiler
    • install combi boiler and controls
    • remove hot water tank and any associated pipe work + electricals.
    • Is there any other potential costs/issues I should consider?

I had new combi installed recently in 3 bed semi. The flow rate wasn't great in my place so I also had to get a tank/pump installed in attic. Also moved the location of boiler.

Total was just over e5.5K
    3K for combi boiler/relocation/disposal
    1K for heating controls and zoning
    1.5K for pump/tank/piping

After getting a few quotes - the price I got seemed about average..

Advertisement