Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Races Family Day on Saturday

Options
  • 28-07-2016 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭

my cousin is in Galway with his wife and 2 kids - both 6 - and we are looking for something to do at the weekend. I was thinking of going to the races on saturday to the family day event. i have a two year old and will be taking him there on my own. I was just wondering has anyone gone to this before. is it a good place for kids? is there plenty on? what about getting there and back? is there much traffic? and is there anything to do there if it rains? whats the expectations vs reality? tbh none of us have any interest in horse racing but the kids might get a kick out of the horseys

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Moo Moo Land

my cousin is in Galway with his wife and 2 kids - both 6 - and we are looking for something to do at the weekend. I was thinking of going to the races on saturday to the family day event. i have a two year old and will be taking him there on my own. I was just wondering has anyone gone to this before. is it a good place for kids? is there plenty on? what about getting there and back? is there much traffic? and is there anything to do there if it rains? whats the expectations vs reality? tbh none of us have any interest in horse racing but the kids might get a kick out of the horseys

I believe both Saturday and Sunday are "family" days this year.

It's fairly quiet out there at the weekend but I would turn up early to get a feel for the place. It's probably only "ok" for kids at that age. I think the weather is promised dry but there are bars and stands and tents to shelter in. There are amusements and bouncy castles too. I would suggest watching a few races and heading out early.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chuky_r_law

have you brought kids out there yourself? and what is the traffic like getting out there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Moo Moo Land

have you brought kids out there yourself? and what is the traffic like getting out there?

Sunday yes and they enjoyed it. They were a little older. They liked the Mad Hatters day stuff.
    I used the Tuam Road entrance and there were no traffic issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

I've been to the Sunday mad hatters day before. Bouncy castles (free) and mini farm for kids, plus hat competitions. If the weather is good it's a nice day but pricey if you have to pay for entrance (lots of locals get discount tickets from workplaces). Parking on site for 2 euro and no problems with traffic as its a quiet enough day. If none of you like racing you might get better value from a pet farm like loughwell or turoe.

Advertisement