Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cleaning extractor hood filters

• 28-07-2016 11:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭

Its a wire mesh type. The fan isn't working and the screen has lots of grease on it that has maybe changed into more of a wax. I have a small steam cleaner, but this seems to mostly just move it around.

Any suggestions for a product that could help? I saw a YT vid for some kind of spray, but I think it was a US product

I want to clean the screen before I investigate changing the fan.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

hot wash in a dishwasher or else soak in hot water with a few dishwater tabs, use gloves

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

It won't fit in my DW, I'll give it a try in a box lined with plastic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

I managed to get it in the DW by removing a plate rack and inserting it diagonally. All squeaky clean now! One part I tried with 2 DW tabs, it started overflowing suds over the floor, wouldn't recommend that. Maybe there's a door seal issue tho.

Thanks CH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Glad to help!
    Just to add when I was in charge of domesticques here for a 3 month period I used to put the enamelled cash iron pot supports that were on the gas hob in the DW.

When the OH returned she was not best pleased as it had removed the shine off the enamel :)

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Advertisement