Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mould on buggy what can I do?

Options
  • 28-07-2016 11:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭

For the last year, we have been storing our double buggy in our garden shed as it doesn't fit in our hall since we moved. Never had a problem until recently but now most days when I go to take it out to use it, there are small patches of mould on it :eek: I keep cleaning it with dettol spray but it keeps coming back. I don't want to spray mould remover on it for obvious reasons.

I know it's probably down to the humid weather and storage conditions but it's strange that we didn't have this issue last summer. There's nothing else in the shed with it that would cause the mould. Would removing the fabric bits and putting in a hot wash help I wonder?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Scrub it with vinegar or lemon juice and leave it out in the sun as much as possible.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I sent mine to a buggy cleaning service,it cost 70 euro but was well worth it.
    https://www.facebook.com/pramwash/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

That's a great idea Moonbeam! A bit steep though and I'm in Limerick. I wonder what techniques they use? I have a steam cleaner so might wait for a fine day and give it a blast of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭uli84

I think last summer wasnt so humid maybe

Advertisement